Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tattoo allegies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I amsuppose to be getting my phoenix bird tattooed this week but i am really worried about getting an allergic reaction to the ink.

Are you able to get an allergic reaction?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a tatoo on my neck, a seahorse, I made it a few years ago, but I didn't had any allergic reactions. After my tatoo was done I brought from the pharmacy a cold cream wich I put on it every day and after taking a shower. The guy who's making you the tatoo should tell you more about this.
    good luck :)
    Thanks, my phoenix bird is so pretty i desperatly want to get it done just a bit worried
    Are most of the inks hypo-allgeric (sorry cant spell) apart from red - i no the ink has nickel init
    What makes you think you'll have an allergic reaction anyways? Have you had a tattoo and had a reaction before?
    no its just a stupid fear of mine - its on you forever and the thought of it messing up just scares me a bit
    I have heard of reactions to inks before, but its pretty rare as far as i understand. Chat to your tattooist about it, he'll put you straight im sure.

Edited to add: or indeed, SHE will . hehe
    i mean they have said too me it is really rare and its really unlikely to happen
    Yeah, you have to tell them if you have any skin conditions or allergies that you're aware of, so I assume that some people do react badly to the ink..

But just speak to your tattooist and they'll put your mind at ease. I'm sure you won't have a problem, I assume it's pretty rare as no one I know has ever experienced any abnormal reaction (and I know a lot of heavily tattooed folk).
    im gonna have topost my tattoo on here and show you all when i get it done!!!!

Loads of my friends tattoos are fine aswell
    yeah there's something about one of the red inks that some people have a reaction to. i'm not positive as to how serious it is though.
    If you still do have a large fear after discussing it with your tattooist, you could always ask them to do like a test. Making some type of tattoo, maybe a small line of the tattoo your getting in the place, or something in a discreet place, just a couple dots, see how it works and go in a couple weeks later.
    i just feel like an idiot asking them
    My tattooist drew a line on my chest (part of my cross) so I could get a feel for the process, and to see how long he could ink me before I needed a break, or he needed to breathe (he holds his breath when doing straight lines). I'm sure they would be happy to do a small line for you to see what happens, but let them know that is what you intend to do or they may charge you full price for wasting their time.
    Cool thanks,
    53 posts in 1 day? you've been busy!
    if had a chiling day off which i havent had in months
    53 posts in 1 day? you've been busy!
    She's competing with NMM for most posts per day!
    am i
    :yes:
    whats nmn
    it's nmm and he's a poster on the boards.

nmm = nihalisticmadman.