Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Asking a girl if shes single pt2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If anyone remembers my thread on asking a girl if she's single,
http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99692
I need a little more advice.

Ok, so now I know her name, and have a better idea of when she works (that's where I met her). Now I think I'm pretty close to getting to the point that either she tells me if she has a boyfriend, or I suggest we go for a walk along the beach and then if we get there, I ask her point blank.

What I need help with, is how to deal with things if she says she's not interested. Because she seem like such an amazing person, that I'd still prefer that we became friends, rather than nothing at all.

If I'm not making much sense, I'll clarify.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how about "so do you have a boyfriend?"

yes - oh right wheres he from / what does he do / how do you know him / general conversation (not interegation as it reads lol)..
    no - would you like to go out for a drink?
    Thanks Melanie, I really needed some way to rescue the situation of she said she had a boyfriend, and your ideas seem pretty good.
    :~)

So if that is the case, would it be too weird to try and still develop a friendship, or better to just leave it on friendly terms.
    if you really meant friendship then id say go for it, if you meant setteling for second best and still being around incase it all goes tits up with her fella then id say keep your distance.

Getting involved with someone who's involved is more hassle than its worth, what if he finds out? what if you fall for her and she never leaves him? and if something was to happen how could you garentee she wouldnt do the same to you?
    Don't think negatively about it though.

From what you've said, you've done a lot of the work already. I wouldn't say you're proper in there yet, but you sound like there's a plan and you know what the story is.

Take a deep breath (don't make it obvious though haha) and ask what you need to ask, see what happens. Even if she custard pies you, then you've tried and you tried and you'll have better luck next time.

Just don't go into it thinking you'll get a knockback.
    or I suggest we go for a walk along the beach and then if we get there, I ask her point blank.
    imo this is not a good idea! Say you have this nice walk along the beach...you walk quite a way out then you slyly ask her out. "um..no" *que awkward silence* "ah erm..right then...shall we head back?" *que long long walk back to the mainland* :o
    If she agrees to the walk on the beach chances are shes interested and doesnt have a boyfriend.
    Ok, this is my plan, if someone posts before 8:30 today, I can change it, for whatever reason.

There's a good chance that if she's working today, I can 'bump' into her on her way to work. That way, its a bit more natural for us both (ie if I try and talk to her at work, that might be a bit weird).

I'll basically ask her if she is infact going to work (my opening line : ), then I'll start a conversation, and see when she's not working, and ask her out for that day.

Does that sound cool?
    Do it, do it, do it!

Only thing I'd say is try not to sound too rehearsed, just let it flow and see what comes of it :thumb:
    You've made my day :)
    Oh I'm so excited!!

I hope all goes well!
    Tell us how it goes. :yes:
    I am the happiest person alive. Things just could not be better. I just want to brighten up everyones day by saying hello to them on the street.

So yesterday I planned to accidently bump into her on her way to work, well I chickened out at the last minute when I saw her.

So today, I decided that she was so amazing, that if I didn't talk to her, I'd regret it the rest of my life. So same as yesterday, I planned to accidently bump into her.

Today, she was wearing different clothes, and I wasn't sure if it was her, but then she smiled, and I'd know that smile anywhere, it was her. So I ask her if she is on her way to work, and she said yes.

I asked her if it would be ok to walk her to work, she said yes, and we talked all the way there. She's the same age as me, we like similar music, and she just seemed genually nice. I'm not talking friend nice, or sister nice, but she just makes me feel so different. I've never felt this way before.

If anyone actually knew me here in real-life you'd know that I am the most shy person you'd meet, I mean 'anxiety disorder' shy. But it felt so right. I wish I could bottle up my feelings, and share them with the world.

My life is so good.
    glad to hear it :)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    that has just plastered the biggest smile all over my face, that wont leave now! thank you love, and im so happy for you!! :D
    What's amazing is that since I've properly introduced myself, it'll be so much easier to just talk to her while she's working.

I originally tried to follow some advice from people that I know, and tried that whole chat-up/random chitchat thing, and it just wasn't me and it was awkward on both parties. So I tried to be myself, but still a bit casual (if you know what I mean) and it all seems to be working.
    Yay!! *high-fives!*
    Aww I am sooo happy for you!

That made me smile lots and lots. :D