Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bigfoot's Troop of Power

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How are you guys!
I'm in a band called Bigfoot's Troop of Power. I'm looking for some constructive critisism on our work.
The Troop
I know our recordings suck, but if you can, look... er.. hear beyond that for the riffage and drums and tell me what you think.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    it's always difficult to do an amateur recording which includes drums, because (as you've well noticed), it drowns everything out :)

it all sounds mostly in time, which is always a plus (except maybe the intro of tarpit huggers). Other than that, songs about zombies are always good :thumb:

not sure what you could do about the sound quality of the recording really, maybe buy a cheap 4 track and record the vocals/guitars to that, with the drums through a singular ambient mic? Also couldn't tell if you had a bass guitar or not, but that's just becuase of the recording :)

good work though, it's all fun
  • Options
    We have 4 hours in a real recording studio, and a friend who has a bunch of good recording equipment who's willing to help us out, the only thing we don't have is time!
    haha, we actually didn't have a bass guitar, our bassist is what you like to call a slacker!
  • Options
    ahh I see, that'd be why! :lol:

I would suggest, if you only have 4 hours, is to do no more than 2 songs, seeing as you'll probably have to do each track separately... unless you're doing some live recordings of course :) But it'll be great fun! the final sound will also depend a lot on the personal preferences of the guy who finally mixes it too.

but none of that really matters, so long as you're having fun :)
  • Options
    4 hours is not long enough to record, in my opinion. i would only do one song in this time.

presuming its being mixed at a later date.
  • Options
    Yeah, we're planning to be extremely well prepared for the recording session so as to use our time very efficiantly. How many songs we get done will depend on how long it takes.