Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heart murmur and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you have a heart murmur as a kid, is it something that you grow out of, or does it stay with you for life?

I ask because a couple of times in the last week or so when I've been out, I had to literally stop for about a minute because I almost felt my heart area go dead tight and I felt totally out of breath for a couple of minutes (once was when I'd just left my house!)

I'll be honest before anyone asks, my diet hasn't really been that great in the last few years (beer and pizza kinda thing, but I'm a skinny lad and it doesn't show) but I swear since New Year I've been drinking more water, always having breakfast and I honestly have cut a lot of shit out of my diet.

Been proper tired these last few weeks too, doctor put it down to having a lot on my mind last few weeks, but I dunno?

Any ideas? I don't want to die :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get your GP to have a good old listen to your heart, and ask him to do an ECG (heart trace).

Childhood murmurs can be innocent, and can disappear in time. But if you're now getting symptoms then it needs checking properly.