Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bashir's Podcast: New Plan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i've got a few new ideas for my podcast space thingy, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on it.

After listening to the past couple of podcasts i've come to the conclusion that; there isnt enough going on in the boards these days to make a decent show out of each week, beyond the novelty of actually doing the thing i think if i'm gonna improve the quality of what im putting out i should perhaps spend a bit more time on it.

I'm glad I did the last few podcasts, to get to grips with the medium of nothing else, however i feel that they were somewhat lacking in substance. To that end if I'm going to do something decent on American foreign drug policy then I'm gonna have to spend a little longer researching and putting it together.

So if anyone has any thoughts it would be good to hear them.

Also, I may still run the weekly slot simply to keep up with readings from PIHKAL, so if people would still like to hear just a serialisation of PIHKAL let me know and I shall endeavour to keep it up.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think examining American policies (foreign or domestic) from across the ocean would make for a very interesting listen!

Some interesting perspectives on our predicament:

“Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed and What We Can Do About It: A Judicial Indictment of the War on Drugs” (Judge James P. Gray) - well worth a read examining America's drug policy pitfalls and adverse impact on the world.

Students for Sensible Drug Policy is making decent progress in drawing attention to the inequities of drug offenses.

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is making bold moves in drawing attention to our problems and forging the way for other police officers to speak openly.

Good luck!
    wonderful thankyou very much!
    keep it going.
    keep an open mind.
    but ...try a script ...a written one to avoid ...the rambling.
    it's a great idea ...especeialy forr this this board ...keep this board in mind for now,
    how about interviews with members of this board?
    how about some of sending you some music so it aint just your choice ...you could have the site radio druggy station !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That might be interesting.
    keep it going.
    keep an open mind.
    but ...try a script ...a written one to avoid ...the rambling.
    it's a great idea ...especeialy forr this this board ...keep this board in mind for now,

excellent.

i have enjoyed the last couple martin.

it's certainly been a novelty for which i must thank you.

but i think you should keep to the community nature of the boards. i loved 'quote of the week' etc.

it's all a fantastic concept. respect.