Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any news on the strike?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone know how close they are to resolving the university lecturer's industrial action??

Am getting a bit annoyed as I have bolloxed up a few exams this week and will need to know whether i have to re-sit or not. I obviously find these subjects difficult so I will want to start revising again as soon as possible if needs be. Will they be able to let us know if we passed or failed or will we have to wait until we can get the official marks, i.e. when the strike is over?

Haven't heard much of use in the news but then again I've had my head in my books (and the clouds) for the last few weeks. Gah. It's so annoying
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The last I heard (last week) was that it was still on. However, regarding your exams etc not all lecturers are on strike so it is worth finding out which ones of your lecturers are taking part. You may find out like normal.
  • Options
    yeah, its still on BUT you should be able to find out if youve passed or failed, you just wont find out your actual mark. thats how its working at our uni anyway.
  • Options
    My teacher is on the strike and he emailed to say as it is no resolve has come about and so the strike continues. He's not marking our work, he is looking at our work. When the strike comes to end, he will enter a mark. He won't comment on work etc...
  • Options
    thought you might like to see this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5032724.stm

the latest news on the strike - in a nutshell it's still going on, they have rejected the latest offer.

It is doing my head in now! fair enough lecturers at my uni do one hell of a job and fair play to stand up for themselves, but at the end of the day to be totally selfish - it costs me a fortune to go to uni so why should i have to suffer for their dispute!!! ggrrrr lol

rant over lol.
  • Options
    Em-Jay, its worth checking out this post.

From what i've heard from my lecturer today, a deal was almost made last week, but the universities said they couldn't make an official offer till yesterday (tuesday). when they made that offer, it had completely changed from the offer they were close to accepting.

The discussions centered around a 10.5% increase over the next two years, with an independant review of HE finance in year 3 before a deal is made for the year 3 increase.

The latest offer however, is completely different