Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help meeee!

This is a bit of a weird question which i don't know how to explain very well, and i'll probably regret asking it!

Lately i've started to get really strange about sex. Like everytime i think about doing it, i feel physically sick and panic and i just can't bear the thought of it. It's not just with one person either, it's with anyone! I have to get seriously pissed to even contemplate it. Actually it's not just sex, i feel sick at the thought of anyone touching me, or me having to touch anyone else.

Not sure anyone will know why i feel like that, but has anyone got any ideas? It's confusing me cos like i've never had a problem with it before and i wanna sort it. As much fun as being a total freak is... :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like you need a nice holiday really!!

Either that or you've just been doing it too much lately that you've gone right off of it now... and in need of a break .. there is such as thing as having too much of any one thing

Either that or you've just been doing it too much lately that you've gone right off of it now... and in need of a break .. there is such as thing as having too much of any one thing

Nah thats the thing i've hardly done it at all in the last year or two. Haven't had a proper boyfriend for ages, so it's just sex here an there. Getting to the stage now though where i just feel ill at the thought of it.
    Not really much help, but so you know your not a total freak, i get the same thing from time to time.

Specially about people touching me and its 10 times worse if I don't know its coming.

Top tip, avoiding giving boyfriend a black eye like I did in response to an unexpected cuddle! :blush:
    LacyMay wrote:
    Nah thats the thing i've hardly done it at all in the last year or two. Haven't had a proper boyfriend for ages, so it's just sex here an there. Getting to the stage now though where i just feel ill at the thought of it.

Maybe you're looking for someone that can fulfil your mind .. dunno - seems strange to come down with such a thing all of a sudden.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LacyMay wrote:
    This is a bit of a weird question which i don't know how to explain very well, and i'll probably regret asking it!

Lately i've started to get really strange about sex. Like everytime i think about doing it, i feel physically sick and panic and i just can't bear the thought of it. It's not just with one person either, it's with anyone! I have to get seriously pissed to even contemplate it. Actually it's not just sex, i feel sick at the thought of anyone touching me, or me having to touch anyone else.

Not sure anyone will know why i feel like that, but has anyone got any ideas? It's confusing me cos like i've never had a problem with it before and i wanna sort it. As much fun as being a total freak is... :D

Hi LacyMay,
    I hope you don't regret asking this question - I think it's really good that you have.

It sounds like this might have been getting you down for a while and is perhaps affecting the way you are relating to new people or the approach you are taking to relationships - perhaps it's even holding you back in relationships?

Because sex hasn't been a problem for you before, it suddenly feels like it's a massive issue, but actually, sometimes it can help us to take sex out of our life equation for a while and think about other things that 'turn us on' without the complications that can arise from a sexual relationship with someone. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that takes over your life, it can be something that you put on hold while you work out what really appeals to you.

Obviously I don't know how your sexual relationships have been, but perhaps they haven't have been a fulfilling as you might have hoped - only you can truly know that. But it sounds like you could really benefit by talking things through with someone you trust, or even a counsellor. Youth Access is a great resource for finding a range of services out there.

Sex therapy probably sounds like a scarey concept right now, so don't feel like it's the only answer, but it may be something you want to look into.

Hope this helps ;)
    it could be a hormonal thing. lack of certan hormones can zap your libido, or maybe it could be depression?
    Are you feeling fine with everything else in your life?
    Thanks for the advice Helen.
    it could be a hormonal thing. lack of certan hormones can zap your libido, or maybe it could be depression?
    Are you feeling fine with everything else in your life?

Yeah i have been taking some pill thingys for like stress. I've had major problems with money and getting/keeping a job for about a year now. Thought that might have something to do with it but wasn't sure.
    has your body changed lately? Like maybe you have ganined weight?
    Blairx0 wrote:
    has your body changed lately? Like maybe you have ganined weight?

Not really. I've sort of stayed the same weight wise as i've always been, maybe even lost some.
    I was thinking maybe you could be unhappy with your looks or something. But come to think of it sometimes I get really turned off to the idea of sex and or physical sexual attention in general when i feel sluty. As strange as it may sound when I feel bad about something I've done (cheating etc) or I feel like my bf has been treating me like a whore ( that sounds bad but at times guys have a way of going after sex and skipping the parts that distinguish a girl from a slut) then the thought of being touched repulses me....could it be something like that
    Blairx0 wrote:
    I was thinking maybe you could be unhappy with your looks or something. But come to think of it sometimes I get really turned off to the idea of sex and or physical sexual attention in general when i feel sluty. As strange as it may sound when I feel bad about something I've done (cheating etc) or I feel like my bf has been treating me like a whore ( that sounds bad but at times guys have a way of going after sex and skipping the parts that distinguish a girl from a slut) then the thought of being touched repulses me....could it be something like that

Yeah that could possibly be a part of it. I've always had a problem with like boyfriends touching me if i think they're just after sex. Think maybe how i feel at the moment is like that but one step up!
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah that could possibly be a part of it. I've always had a problem with like boyfriends touching me if i think they're just after sex. Think maybe how i feel at the moment is like that but one step up!

Yeah as you can see I know what you mean. With my boyfriend it is a little different b.c i know after the near 2 years we've been together it is more than just sex but I still can't help but be so grossed out the thought of being touched is enough to turn my stomach. I talk to him about it and we make it work together. Because what happened was it started to carry over into other things and became a real issue.

If you feel grossed out and don't want to but touched because they way a guy is making u feel either he is the wrong guy or he doesn't know and you should tell him. Don't just give up because it is something worth talking about if not for sex than just to make yourself feel better because trust me it can and likely will get worse
    Hi, what u are feeling is not wierd alot of people suffer 4rm this. I t could b because u hav low self confidence or r feeling stressed! do u have a boyfriend at the moment?
    LacyMay wrote: