Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FAO all that sponsored me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...I'm going to be cheeky and ask for the money now...asap :p.

Although, I should be totally honest and say that because I'm fucking unfit and everyone else was storming off ahead of me, I actually only made it 1/3 of the way up the mountain before thinking I was going to die, throw up, faint, or some combination of the three. Possibly a panic attack, too. Started crying and I couldn't breathe right and shit. So I will appreciate that you may not want to give me the money. (To be fair though, it's meant to be about the little kiddies, and 1/3 of a mountain is *quite* good, and we WERE doing the hardest path).

PM me if you want detailage as to where to send cheques etc. to, and bank details if necessary.

Love to all

Franki

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did I sponsor you?

:confused:
    Did I sponsor you?

:confused:
    No, you didn't.

You can still do it if you want ;p
    Well done anyway... that's more than what I could've done!
    J wrote:
    You actualy got sponsorship from this lot? I found it was akin to getting blood from a stone.

Did I sponsor you btw?

Hey, you did a mountain thing too?
    Yes you did. £10.

And yes I did. Or didn't, actually.
    J wrote:
    Cool. Pm me your address and I'll send it in the post on Monday. Unless you want to sponsor me of course in which case I'll just put the tenner on my sponsorship form and do it that way.
    If I could afford it, I would.

*PMs you*
    Just posted the cheque for you :p
    Hurray :D
    Did you get my cheque? I sent it agggggges ago.
    Did you get my cheque? I sent it agggggges ago.
    Yes I did, thank you :).
    Dude, I'm not being funny but I think it makes a mockery of people who actually train and go to great lengths to do physical and mental challenges for charity if you get people to sponsor you for something and then don't actually finish it but have the cheek to ask for the money anyway.

I hope you learn from this and, if you decide to take on anything like this in the future, actually train for it so that you know you can do it.

Meanwhile I think people who were considering sponsoring you wouldn't go far wrong just sending their money to your allocated charity direct.

My friend at work is doing a hill-walking challenge this weekend, and has got a fair amount of sponsorship for it. She says that if she doesn't complete it she'll pay back any money that's been contributed and pay the charity herself, which I think is fair dos.
    Mist wrote:
    Meanwhile I think people who were considering sponsoring you wouldn't go far wrong just sending their money to your allocated charity direct.
    Except they can't, because it's a project for college. If people don't want to give me what they sponsored me, that's fair enough. I'm not expecting them to, but it would be nice. But see, here's the deal, I wasn't the only one (in fact, I think it was a tiny minority of the group that actually did) that didn't do training for it. I thought I could do it, and had we not been doing the hardest path I probably could have done. I never anticipated that I would end up in tears half way up a mountain, I feel shit enough for not being able to do it as it is, but it was not totally my decision to go back down. Had the guide not said that he was worried about me, I would have had to go up all the way, probably thrown up and fainted and had to be airlifted off the fucking thing.

If they don't want to give me the money, they don't have to, which I did say in the original post. And if the people that have already given me the money want me to send it back to them, I'll be happy to do it.

Please don't patronise me, because I know I did shit, and I know I need to do training for the walk I'm doing in Peru. I just thought I would ask if people were still willing to give me the money, as it is for a very good cause.
    My cheque is sitting in an envelope on my desk, I'll post it when I get a stamp.
    Franki wrote:

Please don't patronise me, because I know I did shit, and I know I need to do training for the walk I'm doing in Peru. I just thought I would ask if people were still willing to give me the money, as it is for a very good cause.

Hmm Ok. I ain't patronising anyone though, just saying what I think about these things.