Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A freaky nitrous trip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday after arriving at my friend's house from an afterparty, we decided to do some GHB and nitrous balloons. One particular balloon gave me a pretty weird experience.

After coming up on some G caps, we filled up a couple of balloons and stood up. I breathed in and out to full lung capacity around four times. Suddenly, I was caught in a bubble of time and space. I could see the balloon expanding and shrinking. It looked like a bright blue pulsating light. I could also hear part of the music that was playing in the background. It was only a small and quiet element of the track (a wum, wum, wum synth noise), but it became much louder, and in fact the only sound I could hear. I could feel the sound, like the walls of the bubble, pressing on my head.

I looked over to my friend, to see if he could see what was going on. However, he looked completely oblivious. I began to panic and thought I might be trapped in this pulsating, humming bubble forever.

Then I came round, and fell over. I established that what had felt like at least a minute of being trapped was actually more like a few seconds. It was quite scary, because at the time I thought it was actually real and not just a hallucination. But it was still a very interesting experience!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Using Nitrous with another downer is quite dangerous, you're going to knock yourself out more easily and could do yourself some harm.
    Very interesting, I love hearing about nitrous trips.
    We had been sitting down but we decided to stand up for some weirder rushes.
    Nitrous Oxide (entenox) does not, as far as i am aware have any interactions with commonly used recreational substances, in fact its interactions are so few which is why it is allowed to be distributed so freely.

I work for a first aid charity and I shall soon be certified to dispense it after a 1 day course, so it isnt exactley a strictly controlled substance.

Like bong said however, the danger is with passing out, falling down etc., I'd say you should probably take it in turns and if you must stand up at least have enough people in a reasonable enough state to catch you. Better than that, sit down with plenty of support.
    Like bong said however, the danger is with passing out, falling down etc., I'd say you should probably take it in turns and if you must stand up at least have enough people in a reasonable enough state to catch you. Better than that, sit down with plenty of support.

If used with alcohol it is known to make vomiting more likely.

And of course you can suffocate if you only breath it for a long period.
    the amount needed to suffocate you is massive, we're talking canisters here.

The vomitting part, while valid, isnt an interaction in the sense of being toxic but yes should certainly be avoided if you've had a skinfull
    the amount needed to suffocate you is massive, we're talking canisters here.

Its not really to do with amount, its to do with the ratio, people die when they breath only that, and killing yourself that way wouldnt take long. That's why it always should be used in ballons.
    sorry, i should have stated this above, i made an error in my previous post, Nitreous Oxide is NOT Entenox, but a mixture of Nitreous and Oxygen, given for pain relief.

The pure form of Nitreous Oxide could kill you relatively quickly if you breathe it exclusively for any length of time, sorry if for the confusion.
    sorry, i should have stated this above, i made an error in my previous post, Nitreous Oxide is NOT Entenox, but a mixture of Nitreous and Oxygen, given for pain relief.

The pure form of Nitreous Oxide could kill you relatively quickly if you breathe it exclusively for any length of time, sorry if for the confusion.

Most people who use it recreationally will use food grade pure, so the risk of suffocation is a real one.
    I always mix with air.
    yeah you do but as bong said this isnt the case with most nitrous users.
    yeah you do but as bong said this isnt the case with most nitrous users.

Which is why it should only ever be used in a ballon and sitting down, that way the worst that can happen is you pass out for a short period, but you're not going to suffocate yourself.
    It was on sale at a rave I went to not long ago, was interested in it but I was pillin off me nut. What does it feel like? Any interactions?
    Uprising wrote:
    It was on sale at a rave I went to not long ago, was interested in it but I was pillin off me nut. What does it feel like? Any interactions?

As I said above, its not a good idea while you are drunk, as for it physically interacting badly with other drugs, sedatives will make it more likely you'll pass out, but it shouldn't do you any specific harm. Using it a lot can be addictive and can give you nasty blood circulation problems though.
    I'll give it a go at the next chance then. Can't see it being very good though.
    Uprising wrote:
    I'll give it a go at the next chance then. Can't see it being very good though.

Its probably one of the shortest drug experiences you'll have if you are just doing one ballon.
    It lasts for less time than poppers. The rush is quite weird, it makes all your face and arms go numb and tingly. You feel a little spaced out, and as mentioned can sometimes be a bit trippy. Some rate it more than poppers for use while pilling, but I don't.
    where do people get their hands on this? i've no idea where to find it.
    You can buy stuff that they use for whipping cream on the net. They also sell it in dance music clubs a lot of the time.
    softworld wrote:
    where do people get their hands on this? i've no idea where to find it.

If you do use it make certain you are getting medical or food grade, if you use any other type of n2o you are likely to do yourself nasty harm.