Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

False Advertising

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a domain earlier, which was advertised at £1.50 for the first year but when i got the part wher ei pay, i was charged £5.00 ( full price ) i figured that it must get refuned into your account after wards however i have only be toold now after i palced a complaint that the £1.50 price is only availiable in certain countries. This was not pointed out or displayed during any point of the sale.

Am i right in beliving i can claim compensation of some kind? or file a False Advertising Claim?

Comments

• Options
    Gotta read the tiny print. With most deals all the stipulations are printed somewhere, it just takes some looking sometimes. Though I bet if you talk it out with them they'll give you something. Most places do. Though it may take a few different people of talking to. Some people wont, then you ask to speak to somebody different...
  • Options
    no i use the panel myself as a seller, and its not said anywhere in the process of sale.
  • Options
  • Options
    will Trading standards do anything if the company is not UK based?
  • Options
    No.

If the company are not based in the EU or USA you may as well whistle for your money.
  • Options
    Link to the domain seller...