Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question about jabs

I had my school leavers booster this morning. After I had it, I felt a bit unwell, but got told by the nurse that this is normal. For some reason now, I'm unable to put my left arm straight or put it to my mouth. (to feed myself) Anyone know why? And should I be worried at all?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's stopping you?
    I remember getting sore from shots. Even something as simple as the flu shot made my arm so sore. My parents got some shots a few weeks ago for when they travle, they whined and complained like children :p Sore arms and such are quite common, I hear the warning all the time when getting them.
    Kentish wrote:
    What's stopping you?

My arm is just very sore...
    So you're able to move it but it hurts when you do?

What does the injection site look like?
    Kentish wrote:
    So you're able to move it but it hurts when you do?

Basically, yes
    What does the injection site look like?

Small white lump
    Does your arm or hand feel numb, or do you have a pins and needles sensation?
    I have none of those things.
    Sounds like a sore muscle then. I'm sure it'll settle. If not, seek advice from your GP/practice nurse in the morning.
    Give it a couple days. Most shot pains dont' go away for about 2 days... like most muscle sorness.
    my_name wrote:
    My parents got some shots a few weeks ago for when they travle, they whined and complained like children :p

heh - mine were the same when we all went to get typhoid jabs back in the day. in fairness, it did feel like you'd been punched repeatedly in the arm, but i had an older brother and was used to being punched repeatedly in the arm.

my dad didn't stop whinging for a week.
    I've got a sore arm tonight from a jab I had this morning. It is really aching. I've had this same injection (Typhoid) three times now and each time it has been really painful afterwards.
    kaffrin wrote:
    it did feel like you'd been punched repeatedly in the arm, but i had an older brother and was used to being punched repeatedly in the arm.

:lol: did he teach you "petrol pumps" too? awwwwwch
    Bit of an update:
    Still a bit sore this morning, but am in less pain now. Still a bit hard to dress myself though.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I've got a sore arm tonight from a jab I had this morning. It is really aching. I've had this same injection (Typhoid) three times now and each time it has been really painful afterwards.

Typhoid is the most painfu jab i've ever had :yes: My mum had a reaction to it and couldn't feel her arm for a couple of days! :shocking: