Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does too much sex affect your chances in getting pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does too much sex affect your chances in getting pregnant? Or does it increase your chances in getting pregnant? I heard if you have sex too much the sperm will weaken is this true?

What's the best way of getting pregnant other than knowing when your more fertile etc! I just thought the more sex you have the better the chances are.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's what i'd thought, the more sex you have the more the chance of getting pregnant, never heard of too much sex affecting it though :chin:
    guys have to remake sperm, if they have lots and lots of ejaculation then their sperm count would drop (I imagine) but it would probably have to be a phenomenal amount of sex for that to happen.
    What's the best way of getting pregnant other than knowing when your more fertile etc! I just thought the more sex you have the better the chances are.

Well, the timing of the sex is also pretty crucial. I have friends who chart their cycles through their temperatures and by checking their cervical mucus.
    go_away wrote:
    Well, the timing of the sex is also pretty crucial. I have friends who chart their cycles through their temperatures and by checking their cervical mucus.

nice... :sour:
    Well, it does take a while for people who aren't familiar with it to get used to the idea. I do it myself sometimes when I'm checking my coil strings. Not much to it, you just have a look at the consistency ('egg white' mucus is what you're looking for - suggests ovulation will happen soon/is happening) and puts you in tune with your body.

That's if you're still reading ;)
    Every other day during your most fertile period gives the sperm supply a good chance to build up, obviously as long as the guy isnt wanking in between.
    Every day is ok too, but apparently much more than that means the sperm count is liley to be lower, and also the seminal volume, and if there isnt enough actual liquid quantity or its not of the right consistency for the sperm to swim well in, then that can hinder chances too.
    Getting pregnant is not always as easy as people assume its gonna be - unless theyre trying NOT to get pregnant, and then it happens first time youre an hour late for your pill and a boy sat on the toilet seat before you.
    If you actually WANT to get pregnant its another story.

:yes:
    You can get ovulation dip-sticks from boots, you stick it in your early morning pee stream, bit like a pregnancy test. It tells you whether you have a high level of the hormone that would indicate you are, or are about to ovulate.
    Every other day during your most fertile period gives the sperm supply a good chance to build up, obviously as long as the guy isnt wanking in between.
    Every day is ok too, but apparently much more than that means the sperm count is liley to be lower, and also the seminal volume, and if there isnt enough actual liquid quantity or its not of the right consistency for the sperm to swim well in, then that can hinder chances too.
    Getting pregnant is not always as easy as people assume its gonna be - unless theyre trying NOT to get pregnant, and then it happens first time youre an hour late for your pill and a boy sat on the toilet seat before you.
    :lol: teehehe