Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My PC & The Sims...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well here it goes, as you know about my recent topic about my PC and that, forget that.

Im trying to install The Sims / The Sims 2 And it WILL NOT install! i get to like 4% on the sims 2 and it gives an error i cleaned the cd on my top :D and tryed to install it again it got past 4% i was over the moon! and then another error poped up saying a file could not be copied.

So then i thought well lets try The Old Sims, and it didnt do the same, it crashed instead, came up with the Windows error report Box thing, but it didnt freeze.

I THEN Thought pfft and went to my laptop and installed it on there Installed Really fast no problems whats so ever!

So i think my pc is on the blink, but i just formated it the other day?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is It a CRC error?

I dont follow?
    A cyclic redundancy check error which would indicate a fault on the cd, but you say it installs on your laptop,

it sounds like your cd rom drive is faulty, have you had problems with any other discs?
    I havent tryed, and yeah i thought it would of been the CD but then i thought well try it on laptop and it works.

Regards the CD rom thats what i thought but the thing is i changed That cd rom with another one and it didnt show up on My computer and in Bios and i was like :confused: so i took it back out and put the old one back in
    Is this an original, or a copy?
    original
    Sometimes certain drives just struggle to read data on certain discs. Can try polishing it out - expensive car polish(Meguiars) is the best.

If the disc is new, then return it and ask for a replacement.
    Erm well ive never heard of that before and the CD is not new, i might just get a new PC :D
    Trust me, decent car polish on old discs works wonders. Just don't use cheap shit, it leaves smears and marks all over it :)

Meguiars is pretty much the best car polish I've ever used. You can get better, but it costs a fortune. £15 a bottle is more than enough for me :).
    Well, ill think about that one :chin: But, im gonna try push for a new PC :D Its about 5 Years old that one, and as its only used for gaming it has a widescreen TFT TV connected to it, so I only want a base tower and looking to pay little as possible but a good one! :D

Mabye off ebay....