Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don't you just love a little road rage...

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
..on a bank holiday monday.

My sister was giving me a lift down a local pub this morning to pick up my mates car when this caravan pulled right out in front of us. My sister swerved and over took, and from the window I let him know what a cunt he was. 2 minutes down the road we pulled into the car park, I got out to get in the other car and my sister drove off.

As I was sat in the car it dawns on me that theres a some huge bloke walking towards me looking very angry and within seconds he was shouting for me to get out the car. There was no way I was taking this bloke on my own. I wound down the window a little and gave him a big FUCK OFF and that did it, he went wild, trying to smash my windscreen. Instinctively I floored it and he ended up on the bonnet and then flying off as I turned out the car park.

I just carried on going, hopefully he landed on his head.

Cunt.
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha nice story that made me smile :D
    haha love it!

eta: 'cause i looked like i was being sarcastic!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I hate cunts like that. They should learn to fucking drive properly. Cunts.
    :lol:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol: What a fucker. Glad to hear you fuckedhim over, serves the big fat twat right.
    I'm awful for getting road rage, and giving people the finger. I hope that never happens to me though :eek:
    MM040211415C.jpg

:angel:
    i get mad road rage.

i try to keep it to shouting obscenities at my closed windows and doing that head shakey thing like a disappointed parent (cause of course they are (a) watching, and (b) giving a shit that i think they're a bollocks driver).
    I still don't understand why people follow you for sticking the finger up at them :yeees: I certainly wouldn't, don't they have anything better to do than follow you until you stop and get out of the car?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I still don't understand why people follow you for sticking the finger up at them :yeees: I certainly wouldn't, don't they have anything better to do than follow you until you stop and get out of the car?

I thought he was going to keep following me. I'm not usually easilly intimidated but this bloke was fucking huge and seemed severely pissed off.

In hindesight I shlould have let hime follow me down the local site and let him try it on with a few of me mates stood around.

I get bad road rage but it's never got that serious before. I remeber once though at a local garage a couple of my mates and I were parked up in a service station when all of a sudden my mate in the passenger seat got a face load of spray through the open window from a guy washing his car. My mate got straight out and sparked him out. We all got arrested that day.

People get more wound up in their cars than anywhere else..
    Weekender Offender 
    damn dude, what a fucker. Hope he had a hospital trip.
    i think it was more the scary geezer that had the roadrage!

you'd be a fool to have stuck around.
    the unnecessary aggression shown by people on the road is why i dont drive anymore - sh** happens all the time - people are just too angry in general.
    Im so terrible for road rage, but today taught me a lesson

I had to pull over because I was crying so much I was in absolutely no fit state to drive, pulled into some parking bay, this little old lady who had been behind me in a metro pulled over too and tapped on my window to check I was ok, apparantly she was really worried :)

There are still decent people out there
    Some prick last year actually pissed me off so much, I got out of my car.

At the time, I have my Impreza Turbo. I'm a considerate and careful driver/motorcyclist/cyclist/etc. I knew exactly what I was doing from the start with this guy. As I came up to a roundabout, I saw him booting it to try and get on it from the next entrance - I was already on it, and just gave her a bit more juice to ensure the cock had to stop, and follow the rules of the road.

He joined after me, and was right up on my rear bumper. I stuck exactly to 30mph for a good half mile. Coming down a hill, I let the car sneak up to 35mph. Gently dropped into 2nd gear, backed off the throttle, and this prick locked up his front wheels as I quickly slowed down(engine braking is pretty good on the Scoob).

Anyway, I carry on as normal. This prick is behind me, flashing his lights and honking his horn. After a few hundred yards I pull over, and he follows suit. Out I get, so does he - the fat little turd was about a foot smaller than me, and thought he could persuade me just what a jolly nice chap he was by shouting, waving his hands around, and spitting in my face with each word that came out of his arrogant little mouth.

We had words for a minute or two - it was something along the lines of "you've got a car like that, and think you own the road. You can't just fucking slow down without putting your brake lights on. I nearly went in the fucking back of you".

I told him, quite politely, that I'm not at all intimidated by a little salesman in his company car. I told him that he was quite obviously taking undue risks trying to get on the roundabout, and that it wasn't my fault that he was in a rush. I advised him that in the last godknowshowmany years, I'd had zero accidents because I always drive with absolute care and attention(despite doing 1500-2000 miles each week for quite a long time), and that the only reason he nearly went into the back of my was that he hadn't left any space on the road for allowing himself to brake.

After a few seconds of silence, I calmly said that if he wanted to 'sort it out' then I was more than happy to oblige, and that If he felt I'd acted improperly, that he should go to the Police station and report me. We stared at each other for a few seconds, at which point I suggested he got in his car and drove off, and considered who he attempted to bully and intimidate in future. With that I turned around and got in my car, keeping an eye on my mirrors in case I had any need to get back out, but this time with the lever for my trolley-jack. I didn't, and he drove off.

I went home, had a drink, and then went down to the Police station to report the guy. I told them that I didn't note his full registration number, and gave them the first four digits, all details of the car, and a description of the driver. Truth be told, I knew the entire plate, but I didn't want any kind of grief kicking up, I just wanted a log of the incident in the hands of the officials in case I came out to find a few broken windows the next morning.

I wish he'd kicked off on me, I'd have destroyed him. He was a proper fat little git, with huge quantities of aggression, saliva, and body odour. I'd have destroyed the little bastard.

Nothing ever came of it :). I still maintain my record of having zero crashes, zero speeding offences, and no fights for 12 years.

People are so bloody defensive in their little cage on wheels. They feel invincible - it's amazing how pathetic they really are.
    last week driving back from bristol at four in the morning i see blue flashing lights ahead ... !
    slow down and see a dead horse and a shell shocked womn with a mangled front end and no windscreen ...there was a guy being comforted who's face was white and eyes bulging.
    fast dark seventy mile an hour nothing on the road can see for miles and suddenly ...a fucking horse comes through your windscreen :shocking:
    i'd be fucking trembling!
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Im so terrible for road rage, but today taught me a lesson

I had to pull over because I was crying so much I was in absolutely no fit state to drive, pulled into some parking bay, this little old lady who had been behind me in a metro pulled over too and tapped on my window to check I was ok, apparantly she was really worried :)

There are still decent people out there

Indeed there are, but there really aren't many. Late last year I was riding my motorbike into town - traffic was awful. A mile down the road, I noticed a broken down car with no occupants - this was the cause of all the traffic. I rode past and spotted an old chap walking in the direction of the car, and figured it'd all be sorted soon enough. Off I went to do my shopping.

Came back the same way, the car was still there, and traffic was as bad as ever. I pull up a hundred metres up the road and wander back. Tap on the guys window and check he's okay - see if he wants to call someone, or have a push out of the way. He thanks me for my courtesy and informs me that the AA are on their way.

I asked him how many other people had stopped to check - his reply was none. I said that I sometimes despise the people I share this planted with - I estimate that over 500 cars had gone past him, and not one of them had stopped.

Nobody gives a shit anymore. It makes me sad. :(
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Nobody gives a shit anymore. It makes me sad. :(
    oh love dont be sad, if your bright pink bike had a puncture, and you were stuck on the side of the road, stranded, with nowhere to turn...id help, laugh a lot, but help all the same!
    Bah, us hardcore bikers would ride it regardless! ;)

I'm young(shi), and fit(ish). I could quite easily walk a dozen miles home if I broke down somewhere - I could quite easily understand someone not stopping for a stocky 6'2 skinhead, and that's alright.

What narks me is when so many people drive past an elderly man. It's wrong :).
    What narks me is when so many people drive past an elderly man. It's wrong :).
    it's ok son ...i throw rocks at 'em.
    ^You're one of them ;).
    I believe in karma at times like this.

I had that once, some cunt cut me up on a roundabout so I beeped at him (mostly because I nearly crashed into the twat) so he started chasing me down a dual carriageway swearing and shouting at me. I got away from him through some lights, and that was that.

Imagine my sorrow when half an hour later the heavens opened- I'm talking Noah style rain here- and I saw him in a layby with the roof on his droptop jammed open. Obviously I had to give him a pip and a little wave. He'll have had to swim home:D
    ^You're one of them ;).
    yes ...i have a handfull of rocks on those occasions.
    Kermit wrote:
    Imagine my sorrow when half an hour later the heavens opened- I'm talking Noah style rain here- and I saw him in a layby with the roof on his droptop jammed open. Obviously I had to give him a pip and a little wave. He'll have had to swim home:D

Superb! Stuff like that makes my day :).
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I get pedestrian rage. Those wheely bags are the equivelent of caravans.

:mad:
    haha, that has to be post of the week!!
    I get pedestrian rage.

I find myself walking around and taking note of everything in my surroundings - just like I do on my motorbike. Watching everyone, anticipating whether they're going to pull out on me or not. Whether I'm going to have to hold my breath as they blow a cloud of smoke in my face. Whether their unwatched child is going to suddenly stop walking, and I'm going to walk straight over him.

And if you think that's sad, I've done it all my life. I remember doing it when I was 15/16 - I'd had no motorcycle training at that point.

I'm really rather anal. :D
    I get pedestrian rage. Those wheely bags are the equivalent of caravans.

:mad:
    The old people in those motorised buggys who think they own the whole pavement and suddenly stop in front of you when you're walking behind them. They do my fucking nut in.
    I love having fun with dickhead drivers. There were a group of asian blokes in a car once, and at a junction with 3 sets of lights they were crawling it at about 5mph, trying to make the lights change so they didn't have to *shock horror* stop. Given that pressure sensors don't work from 500 metres away, i overtook and drove it at a normal speed. They took this as some kind of insult, followed me, and tried to open my mates door on the passenger side. I always lock my doors, so he couldn't get in, and there was a red light camera so i couldn't even jump the light. The lights changed and the bloke jumped back in the car, and while he was getting back in i saw that the bloke had an empty taboo bottle in his hand.

So to have some fun with this bloke, who was clearly going to chase me up the dual carriage way and try to get in front of me, i sped up with him knowing there was a 30mph speed camera just up the road. I kept speeding up and up, to about 60mph, and braked just in time for the camera. The driver was too busy giving me evils and in his rear view mirror and wondering why i had braked so suddenly to notice it however :D