Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Andy Johnson goes to Everton

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
He has made the right choice. Bolton and Wigan are good clubs, but not a scratch on the Toffees.

Johnson Beattie on form will be great!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well i think he's the sorta player who should always have been playing in the Premiership, so good move for him.
  • Options
    £8.5m is a lotta cash for Everton.
    It's a gamble.

(Just look at what happened to Kevin Philips)
  • Options
    what a waste of money.

he's worth about £4m top, its another case of over the top pricing for a average player. Certainly never good enough to play for england, or in the top flight in my oppinion. Not even the best out of the strikers in the championship last season (allowing for injury)
  • Options
    I don't think he's that average a player, he's certainly better than Ashton. He's proven he can score goals both in Divsion Two and the Premier League, and even though he's been injured a lot this season he's scored and assisted loads of goals.

I think he would have been better off going to Wigan, but Everton are proven. I'm not sure how they'll fit him into their system mind.
  • Options
    I agree he's not a shite player. He proved the season before last he could score goals in the Premiership and that was with a team battling against relegation all season. Give him better service in a better team and I think he'll prove again he can score goals at the top level.
  • Options
    85 goals in 150 Palace appearances, all at Division One or Premiership level.

If that's shit, I wish City were as shit as that.