Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post Gym tummy trouble

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just started going to the gym and really pushing my body as hard as I can. Problem is after I come home from the gym a few hours later I keep seeming to get seering stomach aches that lead to....yeah.

So does anybody have any answers as to why this hapopens and if there's any way to prevent it?

Only thing I could come up with is if I've burned off fat which has upset my stomach!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stomach aches that lead to....yeah
    What?

If you're unfit and you do serious exercise after a meal, you redirect blood from your gut to your muscles, so either the food rushes through too quick and comes out or doesn't move along properly. Put simply, the bowel isn't getting enough blood, and you might experience a 'stitch'.

Also, if you put your body into a stressed situation - such as unaccustomed exercise - the effect can be the so called 'intestinal hurry'. We call this butterflies in your stomach, or some people get the runs.

This may give you a better explanation.
    The food passes through quickly. And I go to the gym around 4 and a half hours after I eat, so it's not directly after.
    I sometimes get this. Its really weird lol

Im studying sports and i still cant really explain it lol