Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

google

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well basically, it doesnt work. the site comes up but when i type in what i want to search for and press enter, it goes to page cant be displayed. any ideas why? for some reason it does this if i try and use google.co.uk or google.com but not google.ie. it also does it for yahoo search too but ask.com and dogpile work fine... :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's working fine for me. Maybe your ISP is having a problem?
    its been like it for a few weeks now though...
    is it just google, or other search engines as well? have you tried yahoo and msn?
    Odd. Typically, if something has been playing up for a while, then it's a good idea to say as such in your post ;).

It seems odd that Google.com and .co.uk don't work, but .ie does. My first instinct is that something is installed on your computer that is blocking access to the main search engines - do you run a virus scanner? Do you check for trojans and whatnot?
    Daibach wrote:
    is it just google, or other search engines as well? have you tried yahoo and msn?

Read all the way to the end of the original post ;).
    Read all the way to the end of the original post ;).

oops yeah, missed that. it is very strange that its only affecting .com and .co.uk.

try running Adaware or similar to see if that makes a difference

details in this thread.
    thanks, i'll have a look :) msn search engine doesnt work either. so it's weird that ask and dogpile do, but nothing else.

i run virus scans occassionally, but maybe not as often as i should.
    Try running a spyware scan.