Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Predictable horror films

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Why wont somebody make a decent horror film, there has'nt been one in ages.
I watched 'When a stranger calls' last night and its so predictable it was funny.
The entire film seemed to have no actual plot - If anyone has seen creep then this film is pretty much the same - some girl running around looking scared for an hour then the story gets explained (kind of) and wrapped up within the last 5 minutes.

Just in case you were thinking of going to see it, don't bother it's shit.

/rant over
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm not surprised looking at the reviews. Do they think they can attempt to relive the whole Scream period because mobiles will multimedia capabilities have come along? I pity anyone who wasted money going to see it at the cinema.
  • Options
    Scream and The first I know what you did last summer were last two good ones becuase one was an inventive slasher film and the other was a perfect example of a typical horror. Scream 2 was ok too.

Since then...meh, they havnt exactly made anything good since. Though the remake of the Omen is out soon.
  • Options
    If you can find it I'd recommend 'The White of the Eye' for a slasher movie that is very unpredictable.

Though it is about 20 years old now
  • Options
    If it is that old you know it is good! They were classics back in the day, Halloween been the most classic of slasher killer movies.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Why wont somebody make a decent horror film, there has'nt been one in ages.
    I watched 'When a stranger calls' last night and its so predictable it was funny.
    The entire film seemed to have no actual plot - If anyone has seen creep then this film is pretty much the same - some girl running around looking scared for an hour then the story gets explained (kind of) and wrapped up within the last 5 minutes.

Just in case you were thinking of going to see it, don't bother it's shit.

/rant over

the princess diaries
  • Options
    slither?

looks pretty nasty :p although it's supposed to be funny too
  • Options
    Aren't we forgetting the Saw franchise? There's been a few recent decent stabs at it with the likes of Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes.
  • Options
    Oh, and the Final Destination trilogy?
  • Options
    Horror flims arent what they used to be. 'Scream' is a modern classic, but most of the good stuff is in the past. My favourite has got to be 'Alien', friggen brilliant, especially the directors cut. The 'Hallowen' series were quite good, for pure violence you cant go wrong with 'The Thing', and ofcourse the steven king clasics like 'The Shineing', 'Pet Cemetary' and 'It' are chilling.
  • Options
    i think there has been quite a few good horrors over the past few years, but then again i quite like my scary predictable horrors, if i was going to recommend some i'd say:

House of 1000 Corpses
    Devils Rejects
    The Texas Chainsaw remake (even this one surprised me, cos i love the original so much)
    Hostel
    Wrong Turn
    House of Wax

probably a few more that i cant remember.

But i think horror is as good as ever, people forget about the millions of bad ones that have gone in the past and only remember the good stuff. same with all genre's.