Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Essex FM bans James Blunt, the nation rejoices

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This is probably the best news story of the day.

According to Sky News, and I cannot contain my glee as I copy this: "A radio station has banned James Blunt from its playlist. Last week, the singer defended his music at the Ivor Novello awards ceremony by telling his critics that if they didn't like his songs, they should switch over. Now a radio station has gone one better by banishing him from the airwaves. Essex FM is responding to listeners who say they are sick of hearing Blunt's hits You're Beautiful and Goodbye My Lover everywhere they go." >> Details >>

Hooray! Here's hoping every other station in the land follows suit. Never again do I want to hear the smug little git on the radio whinging in "Goodbye My Lover", nor do I want to see the ugly spectacle of him taking his clothes off in the excreciously bad "You're Beautiful" video.

What do you reckon? And what else would you rather never hear on radio again? Personally, if I hear Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" one more time, I'm going to strangle the cat...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This is probably the best news story of the day.

I think you're probably right.
    I think I've heard one of his songs once.......that probably says more about how out of touch I really am.

I do like that Gnarls Barkley song though.
    Democracy in action.

Christ, that JLo, LL Cool J one's just come on. I've just started listening to the radio at work again, and this is on about five times a day. It does my head in now.
    I think you're probably right.
    That's something I never expected to read!
    Democracy in action.

Christ, that JLo, LL Cool J one's just come on. I've just started listening to the radio at work again, and this is on about five times a day. It does my head in now.

that'd be why I avoid daytime radio at all costs :lol:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Thats why I listen to cheesy 70's local radio. Can't beat it.
    They play waaaay too much indie stuff on the radio these days, but I'm also sick of that Christina Milian ft Young Cheesy song or whatever it is.

Hmph.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    YAY. First good thing Essex FM has done for ages.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    YAY. First good thing Essex FM has done for ages.
    Good news for Essex: no James Blunt this summer.
    Bad news for Essex: no water either. :p
    bloody hell, if radios banned songs that some people didnt like they'd have nothing left to play, everyone likes something that noone else does...

what a load of ballsacks if you ask me.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Good news for Essex: no James Blunt this summer.
    Bad news for Essex: no water either. :p

Ffft. The bottom of my road was flooded recently, and it has been pissing down.

Bullshit water shortage. It's all Communist lies, I tell you. The Russians will invade next... I know it.

(There is an Mi-24 flys over here regular. It worries me... I guess itm ust be private though.)
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Ffft. The bottom of my road was flooded recently, and it has been pissing down. Bullshit water shortage. It's all Communist lies, I tell you. The Russians will invade next... I know it.
    You shouldn't trust that Vladimir Putin, I tell you...
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You shouldn't trust that Vladimir Putin, I tell you...
    Oh, I don't.

I am supprised that chap gets way with causing this water shortage here. Russian water theives. :mad:
    koe_182 wrote:
    bloody hell, if radios banned songs that some people didnt like they'd have nothing left to play, everyone likes something that noone else does...

what a load of ballsacks if you ask me.

I agree mate... just because some people dont like his music, dosent mean he dosent have tallent.
    His sort of music isnt really to my tastes, but i'm sure he has worked hard to get to where he is today and he does deserve respect for that.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Oh, I don't. I am supprised that chap gets way with causing this water shortage here. Russian water theives. :mad:
    What about the gas troubles a few weeks ago? Isn't that thanks to Russian company Gazprom, that apparently wants to buy British Gas? Our gas supplies controlled by the Russians. Eek...
    It is a bit silly. I'm sure he's dabbing his teary eyes with one of the massive royalty cheques he gets daily, crying that his music will no longer feature on a leading radio station such as Essex FM with it's nation wide reputation as a media powerhouse......*snorts* ...sorry, I can't keep that up......

eta: it's also interesting that they choose to ban it now. I mean, it's hardly a timely or topical move........
    he sells so many records yet EVERYONE says they hate him, i think a few may have a guilty pleasure :p
    i'll admit, his music doesnt annoy me as much as say silly female RNB singers who all their songs sound the same e.g. beyonce, christina milian, plus other random people i cant think of right now.
    yeah he hasn't pissed me off that much either...

i've more been listening to stuff I already have than newer stuff on the radio/tv atm though
    That's something I never expected to read!

:yippe:
    Damn straight.

I say go one better and form an angry, torch-waving mob and let's lynch the fucker.

Mob justice is justice in its purist form.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What about the gas troubles a few weeks ago? Isn't that thanks to Russian company Gazprom, that apparently wants to buy British Gas? Our gas supplies controlled by the Russians. Eek...

Gazprom is the ex-state controlled gas monopoly that the baldy twat Gorbachev sold off along with a load of other state monopolies. To be honest, around 90% of the world's gas is pretty much controlled by the Russians anyway so not much would change...
    Bri-namite wrote:
    They play waaaay too much indie stuff on the radio these days, Hmph.

i like that stuff though :D
    muse- wrote:
    he sells so many records yet EVERYONE says they hate him, i think a few may have a guilty pleasure :p

Hmm, I've often wondered that. See also: Dido.
    \
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    (There is an Mi-24 flys over here regular. It worries me... I guess itm ust be private though.)

I apologize mate, but I have to fly past braintree on the way to Heathrow.
    Will try to keep the noise down!!

Ain't nothing wrong with James Blunt music, if you don't like it, listen to something else, simple as...
    :nervous: :chin:
    Fucking right, too.

Annoying cunt that man is.
    migpilot wrote:
    I apologize mate, but I have to fly past braintree on the way to Heathrow.
    Will try to keep the noise down!!

Ain't nothing wrong with James Blunt music, if you don't like it, listen to something else, simple as...
    :nervous: :chin:
    :lol:

It is mad seeing it go over. Blue and white. Odd as fuck.

A Mi-26 would be far madder though.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol:

It is mad seeing it go over. Blue and white. Odd as fuck.

A Mi-26 would be far madder though.

I was thinking of buying a KA-50.
    migpilot wrote:
    I was thinking of buying a KA-50.
    Do it, now!

I have wanted one for years. If I am ever rich, it will be my private Helicopter.