Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cabin crew training diplomas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thinking about the whole cabin crew thing.

Are the learning diplomas worth it?

Like this.

Don't really fancy shelling out 75 notes if it's just gonna be crap that's just common sense or that.

Is there a standard course that I can take? Like a more common one? Home learnings where it's at kids, as I work full time now.

What's the career like anyway?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cheers :thumb:
    rachie004 wrote:
    Is there anything you want to know specifically? Where abouts would you be looking at being based?

I dunno really, I mean I used to be dead good at first aid at school and I'm used to serving customers and stuff. I'm quite easy to move wherever in the northern bit of England, or ideally Scotland.

It's something I've imagined myself doing for a while now, how much of the places you fly to do you actually see? I also quite like the idea of furthering myself up the ladder i.e start on some crappy budget airline then hopefully if I rock at my job then I can move on to something bigger and better.

It's a proper hard interview process though, eh?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    rachie004 wrote:
    I'm not all that familiar with which airlines are based in Scotland - the North East of England doesn't have all that many options (hence why I moved to Manchester).

The only one I can think of are Eastern Airways which are Humberside and Teeside.

BA have a couple of Scottish crew bases, we get a lot of transfers at work for Pilots etc.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    rachie004 wrote:
    Jet2hell and Sleazyjet

Haha, loving it!
    I work in car insurance at the moment, but I did two years for Mecca Bingo so I've got a lot of face to face customer experience and I'm the master at smiling to everyone who's horrible to me, especially in a closed environment.

Would be more than happy to work in Aberdeen as that's where I'm from, ideally I'd find something Glasgow-ish, but if things are right then I'd consider moving wherever.

Would deffo want something permanent in all honesty, suppose it's just a matter of waiting till the time is right? I'm not especially arsed about making the career change straight away, but it's something worth thinking about really.

I think working for someone like BA or a massive airline would be proper cool one day :yes:
    How about doing a customer service NVQ? I know you've got heaps of customer service experience but all those sorta things go well in your favour against other candidates, and tons of people will go for the job.