Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Web problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im trying to access some web sites but when i click onto them nothing happens. It just takes me to a blank page, i try refeshing, trying restarting. All that happens is a blank white page appears. Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    film_buff wrote:
    Im trying to access some web sites but when i click onto them nothing happens. It just takes me to a blank page, i try refeshing, trying restarting. All that happens is a blank white page appears. Any ideas?

Would help more than just a little if you gave us a link to what you were trying to view...
    The sites do have content on them, here are a couple of sites that dont work

example 1

example 2
    Both work fine here(NTL, Linux, Firefox/Konqueror). What does your browser say at the bottom when you're waiting for the page to load? What browser do you use? What ISP do you use?
    browser: internet explorer (never had problems before)

ISP: BT broadband (again never had problems)

The pages dont seem to load at all, it just says done at the bottom
    Try loading them using a different browser - it should give us a clue as to whether it's an issue with your browser, or a temporary problem with your ISP. Do the pages normally load for you, or haven't you visited them before?

Browsers - Google for Firefox or Opera.
    yeah they normally work, ill try out another browser. cheers
    film_buff wrote:
    The sites do have content on them, here are a couple of sites that dont work

example 1

example 2

I'm using Firefox, DS is working fine, tried you're link and i know becaus ei've onyl just stopped browsing it after about 2 hours! lol

The other link wouldnt load for me, second link i've clicked in the space of 10 minutes that wouldnt load for me.
    possibly, if the sites servers are busy, they may refuse any more conenctions or if you do get one, it could have timed out.
    Thanks for the help

It appears as though i may have a problem with internet explorer because i downloaded firefox and everything is working fine.