Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Grey hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got this friend who's only 22, and he's getting little grey bits his hair.

This friend is really starting to get freaked out because he doesn't want grey hair.

It's really just a few hairs, but the hair is actually white, rather than just greying.

Not that I've seen it that close up, seeing as it's my friend who's getting grey hair, not me.

Could dye the hair I suppose, but seeing as it's just the side bits of his hair that are affected, is there any point in dying all his hair?

It is quite noticeable though.

Any ideas would be appreciated (by my friend, seeing as he's the one going grey, not me)

:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "my friend", eh?

Might he look distinguished in a Philip Schofield kind of way with his silvery haired charms? Or is he looking old before his time?
    high lights are best for this problem in men i find
    I know two brothers who have this problem, they're only 23.

I recon it looks quite cool.

I suggest hair dye. read the instructions, I'm sure it will tell you how to use it.
    My ex used this stuff called Gresian, Grecian, something like that? Didn't work 100% but probably would if it's just the odd little flecks of grey.

ETA: This stuff. Think dying it would probably be the better option, though, and would almost definitely work better. But it's an option if your friend is hugely anti-hair dye, like my ex must have been. :chin:
    Just for men?

They do stuff for beards as well I hear
    Lil Laura wrote:
    My ex used this stuff called Gresian, Grecian, something like that? Didn't work 100% but probably would if it's just the odd little flecks of grey.

Cheers :thumb:

It's just a wee bit really, I think the "It's not grey, it's just the way the light is on it" line has a shelf life though :(
    my mate uses mascara on his at the moment, don't think that will work when there is more though.
    Brian!

A friend my ass!

Look at the back of the daily rags ... they usually have stuff for men - regain / just for men / colourel n stuff like that.

Just apply n try :)
    You know you like changing your image, so it shouldn't matter ;)

oh .. and say hi to your friend ;)
    not sure but dying it seems to be a good temporary solution
    The problem with hair dye is that within a couple of weeks, white roots reappear so something like the Grecian stuff, which one can apply daily, should help keep the grey under control.
    ive been getting the odd grey hair since I was 21 :(
    Just one of those things. I just dye it every 6 weeks, but you can get these sort of pen type things for colouring in small areas. its usually for visible roots. i have one that i use when i need to dye my hair but cant be arsed.
    good call :)