Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Missing Someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, the guy I'm 'seeing' goes away for a few days. And I missed him, more than I thought I would. Damn. Cause he's going away for the holidays and stuff, and I won't see him for weeks when that happened.

So I told him that I missed him anyway, just cause. But I was a bit worried about saying it, just cause it can be awkward like that, ya know?

Anywho, he said that he didn't mind that I missed him, but that he hopes that I won't be pining over him in the summer when he's gone.

I was kinda like "huh?" Cause... well... there was no hint or trace of the idea that he might miss me, just that he thinks that I'm gonna miss him loads.

But is that just silly? Or am I right?
Girls, what's your experience with guys that you have missed? And guys, how do you feel about girls telling you that they miss you?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My boyfriend is crap at talking about anything like that...we're in a long distance relationship so only see each other every couple of weeks, i know he loves me and looks forward to when we see each other, but its only me who tells him i miss him, not the other way around. But i know thats just how he is...not that he doesn't feel anything. He's just not good at talking about anything emotional.
    I just think that girls do the emotional part of relationships better than (most) guys do...so dont worry about it :)
    how long have you been together?
    One of my exs was really good at that sort of stuff and often it was me holding back from telling him I was missing him, I did miss him when I went away but kept it in. Maybe he's just a bit shy telling you his feelings?

Speaking of missing people. There's a guy who I miss horribly but lost contact with a year and a bit ago, missing people is an awful feeling especially when you are never going to see them again. :(
    I don't think I miss people to the point that it hurts but certainly I think of some people and think "fuck I'd really like to see them again"
    turlough wrote:
    I don't think I miss people to the point that it hurts but certainly I think of some people and think "fuck I'd really like to see them again"

I hate missing people, it makes me sad :crying:
    i miss my boyfriend all the time when were not together, its a horrible feeling.

i'd just see how things go with him, maybe talk to him?
    turlough wrote:

Yeah, same here on the whole.

There was one fella who was in and then out of my life really quickly, and I missed him like bloody screaming hell for a long time before I got over it. Now he's back and the same thing is about to happen again, but at least in your case there is a relationship that's still binding you during your time apart... not just saying cheerio until the next time.

It's normal, healthy even, to miss people who aren't around anymore. People tend to fall into either: out of sight, out of mind... or absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm sure your relationship is in the latter category, just that some people aren't as quick to show those emotions, or even maybe don't know that they will miss you until you're not there anymore. You could also look at his telling you not to pine etc as a clear indication that he cares and wants you to have fun while you can't be together, rather than getting nervy about the hidden meaning behind it. I'm sure all will be fine - and it might even add some fuel to the fire in terms of inspiration for your [great] poetry :)
    I met my girlfriend online over two years ago and we talked for a month or so and then she just wasn't online for about 3 months. during that time I missed her soo much and worried about her every day. and we've only spent about 8 weeks together in person in those two years and i miss her terribly when we're not together. and i do miss her so much that it hurts to the point that i cry sometimes. I do tell her how much i miss her and she tells me too.
    I tell him I miss him more than he tells me I think. I think I also say it too much, too often. Its so cute when he misses me though :)

I see him once a week and i always miss him. Am just careful now, on how much i say it
    I miss my boyfriend like crazy, even when it's just a day or so because we normally live together, but after the first three months I missed him like crazy when he went home to his mum's place for christmas, and I told him but he didn't seem to care and always just said that he was too busy to miss me when he went back to his mums. This did upset me alot but now he misses me just as much, if not more sometimes, as our relationship has grown stronger and we have now been going out for more than 18 months.
    I think I'm just a silly girl, really. We've been together for about 2 months (but not actually, we're doing the whole 'seeing each other' thing). I have a bad habit of falling a little bit too quickly, or something.

I know that I'll be busy over the summer, but that I will still miss him. I can deal with it though, I'm sure. It just means that when he comes to visit, we'll have a lot to catch up on ;)

PS Briggi, where have you been finding my poetry?
    My boy is having uni exams soon and i dont know how long it will be before I see him. 2 weeks is a long time for me :(

I am in awe of all you who have long distance relationships where you dont see eachother much