Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

am i out of order?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its my friends last weekend at uni this week as shes going home on monday. She's asked me to go out and i said from the start i could go saturday night but not friday night because i have work at 8 on a saturday mornin and whenever i go out i never get up in time. Im savin for a holiday so i cant afford to call in sick.

so shes arranged to go out tonight and now shes pissed off with me coz ive said i cant go.

ETA: i couldnt even afford to go out in the first place anyway, i was borrowing money and she is also aware of my money situation.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not really. Also, it's her last week of uni and she's only going out one night? She should be out every night for two weeks.
    You made your situation clear, she can suck it up.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yep, i agree
    What's wrong with you & her going out on the Saturday instead?

Personally, I don't think that you're out of order - I would've said the same thing if I was you.
    hmm...well i'd be inclined to think why don't you make the effort to get up on time for work?

i went out last weekend for my friends birthday and after 2 hours sleep had to get up and travel 30 miles to work.
    I think she's being a bit silly.
    hmm...well i'd be inclined to think why don't you make the effort to get up on time for work?

i went out last weekend for my friends birthday and after 2 hours sleep had to get up and travel 30 miles to work.

Good for you, and when people like you have car accidents and kill some innocent stranger, you can tell their family how you can do with 2 hours sleep.

Anyway...not everyone can recover from a big night out as quickly.
    Fiend_85 wrote:

I agree.

You were already going out of your way by borrowing money from someone and she should see the effort you were making, its not your fault she chose to go out on a day that you had already said you could not attend.

i get very bad hangovers.... thats why ive stopped going out on friday. good for you if u can cope with two hours sleep, but i'm not you and i need more than two hours to be okay for work
    Mia_16 wrote:
    i get very bad hangovers.... thats why ive stopped going out on friday. good for you if u can cope with two hours sleep, but i'm not you and i need more than two hours to be okay for work
    You don't have to get drunk. :eek:
    Meet up later when everyone else is too drunk to notice, and then drink water, and tell them its vodka, they will never know.... works every time :D
    i no i dont have to get drunk but i dont like going out and not drinkin, its just how i am
    Mia_16 wrote:
    i no i dont have to get drunk but i dont like going out and not drinkin, its just how i am
    Boring?
    Kentish wrote:
    Boring?

That was insightful and funny at the same time :)
    No im not boring, but what would have been the point in borrowing money if i cant even drink especially when it was money i couldnt afford to borrow