Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

carrying a blade.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do any of you?
if so why?
seems the news is full of stabbinbgs ...

Comments

• Options
    People who say they carry a blade to protect themselves are daft. If you carry one, you are more likely to be the victim of an attack involving one.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    People who say they carry a blade to protect themselves are daft. If you carry one, you are more likely to be the victim of an attack invloving one.

Plus your really no match for the gun carriers :razz:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Plus your really no match for the gun carriers :razz:

Why would 'you' feel the need to carry a gun?
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    People who say they carry a blade to protect themselves are daft. If you carry one, you are more likely to be the victim of an attack involving one.
    yeah ...'i carry a knife to protect myself from ...those people who carry knives'. sad but true it seems.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Why would 'you' feel the need to carry a gun?

To protect yourself from the people with steel knuckles and chains :yes:
  • Options
    I used to keep a blade in the back of my mobile phone.

Not to protect myself though. I have got my fists for that :D
  • Options
    I don't agree with carrying blades or guns around as 'protection'...
  • Options
    That's what my umbrella's for...

Nah, just kidding! I just carry around my portable AK 47. Does me well, it does.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    That's what my umbrella's for...

Nah, just kidding! I just carry around my portable AK 47. Does me well, it does.

Does it come with a cute carrying case that can match your shoes? :p

I"ve got a pretty hardcore letter opener at work, maybe I should carry that with me, to protect myself from the umbrella carriers.
  • Options
    With people who carry a knife for 'protection' there is always a possibility that in the heat of the moment they will turn it on someone.
  • Options
    time has come ...if your carrying a knife ...jail.
  • Options
    Having played Final Fight, I know that the only weapons to strike fear into the hearts of street punks are the might fists of Mayor Haggar. You can try and stab me but I'll just give you a swift piledriver then burst open a barrel to reveal a roast chicken, which will restore all my health.

1076850772.jpg
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    With people who carry a knife for 'protection' there is always a possibility that in the heat of the moment they will turn it on someone.

Same with guns. And the reason why I refuse to carry either as a form of protection.
  • Options
    i'm going to start carrying a ten inch rubber one ...think i can get done for carrying a replica?
  • Options
    i'm going to start carrying a ten inch rubber one

PERVERT!
  • Options
    seems the news is full of stabbinbgs ...
    Quite worrying, though nothing new.

I've never carried a knife for protection. I'd rather run.
  • Options
    i'm going to start carrying a ten inch rubber one ...think i can get done for carrying a replica?

what a replica of your ten inch cock. Running down the street and tormenting people with it, waving it in their faces :lol:
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Having played Final Fight, I know that the only weapons to strike fear into the hearts of street punks are the might fists of Mayor Hagar. You can try and stab me but I'll just give you a swift piledriver then burst open a barrel to reveal a roast chicken, which will restore all my health.

1076850772.jpg

You wanna face that against my Jigglypoof? Huh, do ya PUNK?!

And yes, my_name, it comes with a really cute pink handbag! The gun itself has pink flowers printed on it too =)
  • Options
    the only thing stopping me carrying a knife is the fuckin police having a tendancy to search

i dont see any problem with carrying a knife for self defense.. theres a lot of nasty people out there and for the best part the police arent all that useful ..

if someone stabbed someone in self defense due to an unprovoked attack i would have absolutely no sympathy for the attacker

most people dont seem to agree with this but if i had to stab someone i would
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    what a replica of your ten inch cock. Running down the street and tormenting people with it, waving it in their faces :lol:
    not often i'm lost for words!
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:

Thansk for that. You've just put a rather awful image in my head...
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    You wanna face that against my Jigglypoof? Huh, do ya PUNK?!

Haggar would put Jigglypoof in the hospital, wait for it to heal and be released, then run over it in a stolen ambulance.

Haggar is HARDCORE.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    the only thing stopping me carrying a knife is the fuckin police having a tendancy to search

i dont see any problem with carrying a knife for self defense.. theres a lot of nasty people out there and for the best part the police arent all that useful ..

if someone stabbed someone in self defense due to an unprovoked attack i would have absolutely no sympathy for the attacker

most people dont seem to agree with this but if i had to stab someone i would
    i'd bet money on it ...you couldn't stab me if i attacked you ...or most other people who suddenly kick off.
    bet ya.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Hagar would put Jigglypoof in the hospital, wait for it to heal and be released, then run over it in a stolen ambulance.

Hagar is HARDCORE.

You forget that I have your bulbasaur with knive hands now. He answers to me only these days. He'd slice up Hagar while he was laughing at Jigglypoof's misfortune. BOOYAH!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    You forget that I have your bulbasaur with knive hands now. He answers to me only these days. He'd slice up Hagar while he was laughing at Jigglypoof's misfortune. BOOYAH!
    my team 17 concrete donkey would soon put both of you out the way.
  • Options
    my team 17 concrete donkey would soon put both of you out the way.

Show off.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Show off.
    wht dya expect from a guy who carries a ten inch rubber bowie!
  • Options
    i'm more scared of being stabbed than being shot - i don't feel safe anywhere :( the sale of knifes needs to be very strict....i personally don't see the need for guns at all either.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I'm working as a carpet fitter at the moment and so I carry I knife holstered in my trousers most most of the day - even up the pub. Apart from that I have never really carried a knife.

To say you carry one for self defence is pointless - it;s proven that if you carry a knife you are more likely to get stabbed.

I've used to fair few fights on the town, but I never wanted to hurt somebody that bad I would consider stabbing them. Knives are fucking scary.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i'd bet money on it ...you couldn't stab me if i attacked you ...or most other people who suddenly kick off.
    bet ya.

id sure as fuck try .. if that fails id sink the teeth in ;)

having a knife doesnt mean you're gonna win but it'd give me a bit more personal satisfaction knowing i got the cunt back