Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Neighbours

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But what muscley shoulders they are :love:
    \
    Who is the most obscure neighbours character you can name?
    Serendipity. :D
    I don't remember them, I didn't start watching it until ... 1999.

Tahnee was Taj's sister.

I had no idea that Kentish was a closet Neighbours fan :p
    \
    \
    Or twins Colin and Alf. :thumb:
    I had no idea that Kentish was a closet Neighbours fan :p
    I've been hooked since the late 80s. No closet though - neighbours fan and proud.
    I used to watch it when I lived with my grandma, until I was about 5.

Nobody ever grows out of Neighbours!

Weirdest character = Valda
    Kentish wrote:
    I've been hooked since the late 80s. No closet though - neighbours fan and proud.

:hyper:

That's actually quite exciting
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

Weirdest character = Valda
    yeah where was she supposed to be from? sometimes she sounded scouse, then manc and sometimes even american!!
    \
    She was only written in quickly because Delta Goodrem had cancer and needed a quick exit.
    \
    \
    I can't remember ... I'll do a search. Bear with me!

ETA - Hodgkin's Lymphoma
    \
    It was while I was working in the Co-op, I had easy access to free gossip magazines and TV guides :D
    Why do you hate connor so much briggi?

I'm not sure... sometimes I think it's slightly irrational hatred. Then I remember how they'd made him embody every "Oirish" stereotype... his family's secret beer recipe, his illiteracy, his pathetic involvement with the "mafia". I only wish he was sleeping with the fishes - there've been enough chances, I was sure I was in luck when the plane crashed into the sea :impissed:. He also keeps taking his shirt off and I'm affronted by his flabby, pasty chest. His nipples keep making appearances in my nightmares. I keep expecting them to reveal that he is half-leprachaun as the result of some hushed-up one night stand.

However I HATE LYN more than Connor. Arrrgggh.
    I haye dylan, he's revolting. As if sky would dump the sexy boyd for that greasy horror. Yuck.

I had a brief period of thinking Boyd was becoming slightly more attractive - probably started when he got his hair chopped. It is not so, however, and the incredibly fast progression of his medical career makes me laughandlaugh. Dylan is the king of sex god mountain compared to blondie.

Also, WTF was Janae wearing in today's episode? A scary-looking pink dress, jeans and FURRY boots. Obviously her torso exists in a different climate to her feet :lol:

As for obscure characters - how could anyone forget Marlene, or "owlface" as I fondly nicknamed her. I think she went on a mini-cruise from which she never returned... Oh, and remember Todd and Phoebe. How I cried when Todd was run over, to coin a Neighbours phrase - he was a bit of a spunk :love:
    I used to fancy Todie's brother, Stonefish? He was hot!!
    I used to fancy Todie's brother, Stonefish? He was hot!!

That he was! :heart:
    Was Marlene Lou's Wife's Mum?

I hate the way they add an 'y' or 'ie' to everybody's name.

Prime example being "Lynny"
    Ye of the Neighbours knowledge, please assuage my fears and tell me that Summer is NOT coming back... and falls victim to bongobongo disease or whatever it was that she contracted.
    briggi wrote:
    Ye of the Neighbours knowledge, please assuage my fears and tell me that Summer is NOT coming back... and falls victim to bongobongo disease or whatever it was that she contracted.

You cruel cruel thing! I liked Summer she had lovely little pinched up nose like an elf.
    You cruel cruel thing! I liked Summer she had lovely little pinched up nose like an elf.

Lies! She's hideous! Ok maybe that's a bit harsh... she is incredibly annoying though :thumb:

Oh yeah, Marlene was Cheryl's mum. They both had that fat owl thing going on, which isn't really my cup of tea but I can definitely imagine Lou "cuboid" Carpenter going for it! I think when she came in it wasn't known she was her mum...or something... and it was one of those "shock" "revelations".
    briggi wrote:
    Lies! She's hideous! Ok maybe that's a bit harsh... she is incredibly annoying though :thumb:

Oh yeah, Marlene was Cheryl's mum. They both had that fat owl thing going on, which isn't really my cup of tea but I can definitely imagine Lou "cuboid" Carpenter going for it! I think when she came in it wasn't known she was her mum...or something... and it was one of those "shock" "revelations".

And I'm sure one of them won the lottery or something too.

Ooo and when the twins came into it and everyone thought there was just one of them because they were on the witness protection scheme.

I remember when baby Lou was born and they gave her the same name as Gaby's son who was born at the same time, but I can't remember what them name was. I have 'Shannon' in my head but surely thats a girls name.

Hmm, that does ring a bell. Maybe that's why Marlene went on a never-ending cruise.

Did Lou's daughter Lauren present one of the kiddie Saturday morning shows over here... or am I just making stuff up now as a result of too much Neighbours talk? :confused:
    Baby Lou is Lolly.

Ooo and when the twins came into it and everyone thought there was just one of them because they were on the witness protection scheme.

I remember when baby Lou was born and they gave her the same name as Gaby's son who was born at the same time, but I can't remember what them name was. I have 'Shannon' in my head but surely thats a girls name.

Ooo, yeah, I remember that! It was Shannon :yes: Doug went off to get Gaby's baby registered and put down Zachary as well, so that's what he ended up being called :D
    I'm sure Lou had an older daughter, too :chin:

The most trauma-inducing relationship in Ramsay Street had to be Lou and Annalise though *shudder*