Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Interesting look at pills and their content

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This is an interesting research paper looking at pills and what they contain, although I think its conclusions are too simplistic and it doesnt differentiate between just MDMA and MDMA/MDXX mixes.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Very nice paper, I will read it when I'm sober ;)
    I only read the abstract because I can't be arsed reading it all but it seems interesting. So essentially it's saying you're more like likely to find a high dose MDMA tablet these days than in the mid 90's. Kind of goes against alot of what those nostalgic 'back in the day' people go on about.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Addict wrote:
    I only read the abstract because I can't be arsed reading it all but it seems interesting. So essentially it's saying you're more like likely to find a high dose MDMA tablet these days than in the mid 90's. Kind of goes against alot of what those nostalgic 'back in the day' people go on about.

It's what I've been saying for a while. I came across more bunk pills in the 90's than I do now.
    Weekender Offender 
    interesting eh
    Skive wrote:
    It's what I've been saying for a while. I came across more bunk pills in the 90's than I do now.
    Stange because I have hardly got anything of pills since about 5 years ago. TTs were the last time I really enjoyed a pill, though it could be because I take a lot more speed now dayus which seems to cancel things out.
    i took some pill a couple weeks ago (white sharks apparently) that proper messed me up. interesting read :)
    Addict wrote:

Not quite no, its saying that you are more likely to get a pill with a dose (not always high) of MDMA or MDXX than you were in the mid-90's. This doesn't mean pills are cleaner and better, just more of them have MDMA group drugs in them.
    ^^ Yeah, agreed. I think in 2003/4 pills were spot on... never once had any slightly shit ones and we all did a shitload. Now it seems like pot luck with different batches. Some really good, some average and some absolute shite i.e the dodgy sharks,small orangey euros(kept me up for days) and pink smileys. The new Pentagram 5 pointed stars are mind blowing, best we've all had ever but yea anyway...

Back to the article:
    I think that yeah maybe now a higher percentage of pills have an MDXX substance in them, but in what dose and with what else is another matter.
    I wouldn't read that article and think pills were any better than mid 90's, just more of them contain an MDXX substance now than the mid 90's, rather than just being another drug enterely or bunk pills.

Anyone agree?
    Uprising wrote:
    I wouldn't read that article and think pills were any better than mid 90's, just more of them contain an MDXX substance now than the mid 90's, rather than just being another drug enterely or bunk pills.

Anyone agree?

Exactly, but given that pills are supposed to be MDMA you could suggest they are 'better' now than they used to be because they are more likely to contain MDXX group drugs. But, as I said, this is really only half the picture really because they should just be MDMA, not a mix of MDXX drugs.
    Yeah, not everyone likes just MDMA and a lot of people don't like MDA. And I think a lot of people just put MDEA as to being some sort of downer in them or something. Either way, ECSTACY should be MDMA so really the quality of Ecstacy tablets as a whole is shite. But saying that you can still catch a good buzz off a lot of them but there are other feelings/sensations in there too which people might not like as much. Usually though, round here everyone loves tripping they're tits off and gurning like fcuk off their pills haha.