Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fighting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who else here hates fighting? For the past 3 times I've been out I've been dragged into fights that have had nothing to with me. Load a shite!

Comments

• Options
    personaly I like em, makes for an exciting evening.
  • Options
    I hate fighting too!

A couple of months ago everytime I went out it seemed like I got involved in some kind of violent situation (not me, ive never had a fight in my life!) like with chavs trying to kick off with my lad mates, or something similiar. One guy even tried to start a fight with me and pushed me over! :(

Its been quiet for a while now but yeah. Fighting sucks. It really scares me.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Who else here hates fighting? For the past 3 times I've been out I've been dragged into fights that have had nothing to with me. Load a shite!

You either hang out with the wrong people or the wrong place. Or both! ;) Although sometimes, I know you get some morons who try to pick on you or your mates. Luckily, I've always been able to walk away.
  • Options
    Yeah, its shit... but its something you cant avoid sometimes...

There are alot of pricks about!
  • Options
    I hate it too, it really scares me when guys start fighting in bars. It nearly always happens when I'm right in the middle of them carrying three drinks, and normally results in me screaming and then dropping all of my drinks.
  • Options
    I'm quite lucky to have a mate who looks quite threatening and scary when hes angry so if we ever get any trouble it soon evaporates when he starts back.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    well there was this stage, that no matter where i was, or who i was with, i fight would break out around me and my mate. and it was always something to do with me...although it was never (really) my fault! its all calmed down now luckily!!
  • Options
    Actually I was looking at it from a guys point of view, but me and my girl mates often get started on by bunches of chav girls.

The other night I had to squeeze past some girl and I bumped into her by accident. I said sorry and she started shouting "you better be" and then continued shouting and swearing. I'm not an agressive person at all so it scares me a bit when people are like that.

It doesn't happen as much when we are with our guy mates, though... :chin:
  • Options
    It nearly always happens when I'm right in the middle of them carrying three drinks, and normally results in me screaming and then dropping all of my drinks.

:lol: i know you're being serious, but that sounds like comedy gold!

I don't like fighting, but I've ended up in the middle of far too many in the past few years. My ex was a real scrapper, and would start fights; jump into domestics which were best left alone; jump in for his mates; jump in to "help" random strangers. Very strange behaviour.

I've never been in a fight myself. I was punched once, outside Morrisons. It really hurt :crying: :p
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that I went to a party and my boss was there (I don't like him :p) and then I woke up (in my dream) in some random bed and it turns out he's cracked me one in the face and floored me, my teeth were all loose and my face was all swollen up, a right mess. Then in my dream I went to work and he was laughing at me! So I got my stuff and ran away. :(

And then I woke up today and pulled a sickie. :D
  • Options
    I've never been in a serious fight.. though I've been a bit rough with my boyfriend before, so I reckon I could stand my ground..
    I've had a lot of people start on me, and I know a lot of rough people who'd like to kick my head in, but I tend to avoid confrontation.. I try to be civil to the people that hate me, even though I'd really like to see them brought down..

Ahh well. I'm kinda looking for an opportunity now, though. Maybe it would improve my rep - a lot of people think they can disrespect me whenever they like, and get away with it.

I've seen my bf in a lot of fights, because he's your typical aggressive 18 year old chav, and I find it really scary. But hes a lot more likely to walk away from a fight nowadays, and look after me.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    yeah, i'm not too keen on fighting especially when it involves a whole gang of people against one person on his own. I saw a fight like this and tried to intervene once. One of the 3 guys kicking the crap out of a bloke on his own turned round and broke my nose - split it open. :(
    One against one is one thing, but three against 1 is just not playing to the rules is it?

But do you intervene? Isn't that what that boy who was stabbed and died tried to do?
  • Options
    city_boy wrote:
    But do you intervene? Isn't that what that boy who was stabbed and died tried to do?

Depends on the situation.. was going in to town once with a couple of mates and there were 4 blokes kicking the shit out of 1 bloke, the 1 bloke had already gone down and they still carried on... there were loads of people just watching and doing nothing, so we intervened, just ran in and pulled them off him, it looked like it might kick off more, but the police then turned up which was good!
  • Options
    if you mix men women and alcohol theres always going to be fights

interestingly .. i live in a really rough area where theres always lots of bother .. one of the bars has a mens only bar that women arent allowed into .. theres NEVER been a fight in the place apart from one fella bet his mate he could knock him out with one dig!

but no matter what you'll end in a scrap a few times .. i believe if one of your mates is gettin kicked around the place its your duty to jump into and try and help .. thats something that'll get you a lot of respect from someone and you know you'll have someone to lift the phone and get on to when you've a spot of bother ..

also if its good friends or family involved and its an unfair fight id have absolutely no problem whatsoever lifting the nearest thing to me and beating people round the head with it .. and i really wouldnt consider myself a violent person .. what has to be done has to be done!

and for all the people who say 'get the police' i say come to north belfast and get yourself caught up in a bit of bother and check out the response time of the police :rolleyes:
  • Options
    no i hate fighting! scares me. :(
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    if you mix men women and alcohol theres always going to be fights

Funnily enough the fight last night was over a woman, she boxed the head of my mate then her boyfriend got involved then there was a big rucus!
    z01 wrote:
    and for all the people who say 'get the police' i say come to north belfast and get yourself caught up in a bit of bother and check out the response time of the police :rolleyes:

Aye there's certain areas in NI where the police are as useful as an underwater hairdrier, I live in one such area too.
  • Options
    Most fights tend to take place where theres ample supply of police and bouncers though anyway, so in that situation, there's usually no real excuse for getting into a fight. God knows what I'd do if I saw three guys kicking the shit out of someone in a back street or something though. Probably call an ambulance and ask them to come and collect my carcass before rushing headlong to certain death.
  • Options
    Most fights tend to take place where theres ample supply of police and bouncers though anyway

while you'll see plenty of drunken scraps when your out theres just as much elsewhere
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    while you'll see plenty of drunken scraps when your out theres just as much elsewhere
    Meh, the only other ones I hear of are ones where someone gets jumped on the way home......usually as a result of something they've done previously.
  • Options
    Meh, the only other ones I hear of are ones where someone gets jumped on the way home......usually as a result of something they've done previously.

Maybe it's different in England but city and town centres here aren't exactly brimming with police, loads of fights happen, even outside niteclubs and the police aren't around and even the bouncers just stand and look.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Maybe it's different in England but city and town centres here aren't exactly brimming with police, loads of fights happen, even outside niteclubs and the police aren't around and even the bouncers just stand and look.

Nah that pretty much sums up the area round here...
    I remeber there was a big fight once, we walked past and up the road... just round the corner there were 2 police... they could see everything that was going on, but they wernt going to do fuck all about it until backup arrived! :lol:
  • Options
    aye thats what you call usin your head!

wouldnt catch me runnin into a big ruckus like that if i was a peeler unless there was a shoot to kill policy on the go!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Could it be down to your endearing term of calling everybody 'cunts'? Some may not understand ... :razz:
  • Options
    we all call eachother cunts here :razz: