Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

insomnia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone get insomnia before exams?

I do, I really don't know why.. it's not nerves its just like i know i have an exam so that means i wont be able to sleep the night before lol, it's strange :/

now i have an exam in in a few hours after a good 2 hour sleep -.-

anyway gl to anyone with exams today (to make a point to the thread :))

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good luck.

I think I may have insomnia as well - can take me ages to get to sleep then I'm awake again within a few hours and it's impossible for me to get back to sleep. So, ever day this week, I've been awake sometime between 5.30 and 6am...
    yeah it's no fun :(

ah well... 8 more days then i can sleep all day for a week and catch up :D
    I can't. Can't have a lie-in on Saturday (have to be up by 8am) which sucks.
    drink a load of warm milk and sleep early instead then, supposedly it makes you tired :x
    Yea i get it really badly, had my last exam yesterday and now ive only had 8 hours sleep since monday, hence feeling rather fucked right now...

Even if im good and go to bed early i'll still be awake at 4...
    I don't sleep before exams either, sucks doesn't it?

Pro plus is your friend :D
    i have just been going with coffee, seemed to work today my exam went amazing with only revising the day /morning before :D
    I've got a Latin exam in 6 hours. The book is sat on my bed saying 'read my dictionary! Learn my starred words! Memorise my verb endings!'. I'll give in shortly...
    strange time for an exam?
    It's in the normal lecture time 6:15-8:15 because it's a Languages For All class rather than part of my degree.
    Yeah I never sleep before an exam, usually just take a couple of coedine painkillers
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Yeah I never sleep before an exam, usually just take a couple of coedine painkillers

i'd maybe try that but then id be worried i couldnt wake up properly :P Those things tend to make me really groggy and i just wanta sleep. (dunno if ive had pure codeine though)
    muse- wrote:
    drink a load of warm milk and sleep early instead then, supposedly it makes you tired :x

Can't do either. I'm lactose intolerant and my sister insists on watching TV and yapping to her friends on MSN until I moan at her.
    muse- wrote:

It's a bit of a myth. Milk does contain an ingredient that helps you sleep but it takes 3 hours for this to take effect after ingestion plus it's not really that strong.

I always have a bit of a weird sleeping pattern so don't notice much difference at exam time.
    get it all the time but it happens espically at inappropiate times :(