Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lingerie

...or seduction-wear 101.

I'm going away on this weekend for a dirty weekend with someone I've wanted to get my grubby mitts on for about five years, and although I'm a stalwart of boring undies I've decided I want to splash out on something a bit more expensive than an M&S 5 pack. He's also fucking back off to Thailand two days later, so I guess I might as well make the most of "it" ( :confused: ) while I can... However, I've had a bit of a wander around the usual suspects and I was reminded WHY I don't buy my undercrackers from these shops - it's all hideous and I'm starting to get annoyed. It's all a bit last minute to start hunting online, too, I guess.

Can anyone recommend some classy, classic lingerie that still has a bit of raunch factor. No peep-hole bras, crotchless knickers, cheap satin or anything like that thanks. We're far too classy for that kind of thing... or I am, at least. Of course, I still want to knock his socks off :naughty:

Oh, on an unrelated note, is it wrong to wear a cream evening dress when we go out [it is an evening dress kinda place]? I don't want him to think we're getting hitched ;)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote:
    ...or seduction-wear 101.

I'm going away on this weekend for a dirty weekend with someone I've wanted to get my grubby mitts on for about five years, and although I'm a stalwart of boring undies I've decided I want to splash out on something a bit more expensive than an M&S 5 pack. He's also fucking back off to Thailand two days later, so I guess I might as well make the most of "it" ( :confused: ) while I can... However, I've had a bit of a wander around the usual suspects and I was reminded WHY I don't buy my undercrackers from these shops - it's all hideous and I'm starting to get annoyed. It's all a bit last minute to start hunting online, too, I guess.

Can anyone recommend some classy, classic lingerie that still has a bit of raunch factor. No peep-hole bras, crotchless knickers, cheap satin or anything like that thanks. We're far too classy for that kind of thing... or I am, at least. Of course, I still want to knock his socks off :naughty:

Oh, on an unrelated note, is it wrong to wear a cream evening dress when we go out [it is an evening dress kinda place]? I don't want him to think we're getting hitched ;)

I have a lovely maroon and black underwear set from La Senza.

I think a cream evening dress would look lovely, don't worry what he thinks, men don't usually think that much when it comes to clothes in my experience.

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    If you can afford it www.myla.com/uk is a good place to get things.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

THANK YOU, that website has just the kind of stuff I was looking for. Now I want everything in that ballroom section and am also strangely drawn to the Fifi Fringe too...

Looks like my bank balance is about to suffer... ;)

PussyKatty - I was in La Senza and didn't see much I liked, though I was a bit put off by the enormous security guard who kept following me round. I must have a shifty, shoplifting look about me. Might have another browse though. Thanks :)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I would always go for Agent Provocateur - http://www.agentprovocateur.com/ - sexiest damn underwear ever.
  • Options
    La senza has some lovely underwear
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I would always go for Agent Provocateur - http://www.agentprovocateur.com/ - sexiest damn underwear ever.
    Seconded. Every time. Wouldn't look twice at anywhere else :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    I dig La Senza. But if you wanna find something really nice, it's best to order from their site. They normally have some great deals and stuff going on and it's so much easier to find the stuff you want and need on the web than in the store!

Have a good weekend, by the way! You lucky lady, you!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Woah! Nice lingerie but sooooo expensive!

Wish I could afford to shop there!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I dig La Senza. But if you wanna find something really nice, it's best to order from their site. They normally have some great deals and stuff going on and it's so much easier to find the stuff you want and need on the web than in the store!

Agreed! My boyfriend has got me some very nice lingerie from La Senza and he got them from website. I think they have more choice on the website than in the shops. Plus they comes in a lovely box with the scented beads!
  • Options
    Agreed! My boyfriend has got me some very nice lingerie from La Senza and he got them from website. I think they have more choice on the website than in the shops. Plus they comes in a lovely box with the scented beads!

For deffo for sure!

It can also come in a secret box so that flatmates/partners don't know that you've ordered, so it can be hidden, or a surprise!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:

Thanks, I feel pretty lucky. Can't wait! :D

I'm going to have another look in the La Senza shop in town tomorrow I think. I also ordered a few things from that myla website, felt a bit of a twinge in the old wallet department but I think it'll be well worth it (better be!). I can justify all this as it's been many moons since I last bought nice lingerie... at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Most of the things on the Agent Provocateur website aren't really "me", though I was strangely drawn to the Calamity range... there's a deep-rooted fantasy of that variety in me somewhere... :naughty:
  • Options
    figleaves is good for that kinda thing too :) I'd also strongly recommend Love Honey for any other naughty... "accessories" you wana take with you ;)
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:

I rarely buy stuff in their shops as they never have my size :grump:
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I rarely buy stuff in their shops as they never have my size :grump:

Me too! Hence why I like the website so much. I have a really hard time finding my size in any shops, really. So either no one, or everyone, is the same size as me. Grrr!
  • Options
    la senza are one of the few (but growing!) places that pretty much always have my size. most don't even make it :(

anyway, yes. i like la senza.
  • Options
    Everyone says La Senza, but nothing "special" was really right for me in there. They all made me look fat or dwarf-like or like a fat dwarf :p. Though maybe that's my own issue that I'm deflecting back onto the shop and its lingerie, hahaha.

Ah well, I did get some nice knickers in there on a 5 for £12 offer (or something like that)... and I got a drop dead gorgeous balconette bra - is that what they're called? - set in John Lewis for pennies, they had a fair few things reduced but I managed to curb my spending (with some difficulty).
  • Options
    Ooh yay! I bet it will make your weekend mucho enjoyable! =)

I need to do some lingerie shopping soon. Yay! But argh, due to lack of funds.
  • Options
    Local companies the best!

Mainly that's everybody's problem... :) I have a store near me with lingerie (made by a romanian company)...they are soooo cheap, A-1 quality and they have a lot of variety!!! Lucky me! :)
  • Options
    victorias secret of course!
  • Options
    justdecent wrote:
    victorias secret of course!

If only we had that place over here...
  • Options
    Thank you Bong, I now officially want a bikini:

sarahsmerchpcdata-dwebsiteproduct-imagesss06jpeg206-865.jpg