Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fish pie

13»

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    i wore short pants in the fifties.
    the war my father talked about ...was around me to see in manchester.
    ruins. pillboxes. anti aircraft batteries with the buildings desserted and broken ...the cell doors for the captured hanging on one hinge.
    big steel circle that the long gone gun travelled on still there but rusty.
    and for those little boys in short pants was ...sunshine ...a new music... anew mood ...a new idea!
    science and technology were showing us what was just around the corner.
    what was just around our cornr was ...the bright white heat of technology as harold wilson said.
    we believed in it ...sunbathed in it ...prospered from it but now ...
    whats round your corner is far more uncertain and threatening.

And the trouble about that it... it is what we make it! But the majority of the population aren't going to make it anything, they are going to let those in power tell them what it shall be. Really... we should all get up, and make the future ours.

Either that... or all our worst dream will come true.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And the trouble about that it... it is what we make it! But the majority of the population aren't going to make it anything, they are going to let those in power tell them what it shall be. Really... we should all get up, and make the future ours.

Either that... or all our worst dream will come true.
    no ...most people are going to work going on holiday ...getting pissed taking EXAMS taking pills looking after each other ...most people are just trying to live.
    what do they believe?
    what are they supposed to believe?
    or should i just ignore it all.

the answer sadkly is that the majority have it got the truths and realities they face ...on ignore.
    their spam filter kills it off before it gets any further.
    people are more helpless than any time in a long long time i'm afraid.
    and there was me hoping to read about a bit of fish pie eh :razz:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    the answer sadkly is that the majority have it got the truths and realities they face ...on ignore.
    their spam filter kills it off before it gets any further.
    people are more helpless than any time in a long long time i'm afraid.

Thats what i was trying to say... they're happy to ignore it all and sit back with their life. They let other deicde for them... don't want to be bothered with that! Their life is taking priority, all the other thigs to do! To much hassle in other places. So why bother?

Its easy to do. Its also the wrong thing to do.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Thats what i was trying to say... they're happy to ignore it all and sit back with their life. They let other deicde for them... don't want to be bothered with that! Their life is taking priority, all the other thigs to do! To much hassle in other places. So why bother?

Its easy to do. Its also the wrong thing to do.
    see what i don't get ...in the technology promises we were given in the sixties ...the ultimate result was huge ammounts of liesure time.
    a day could possiblt be dawning where certain people would end up paying to do some meaningful work ...seriously.
    that's what we were being fed ...and with man landing on the mood and hearts being transplanted to the sounds of the moog synth ...we were lapping it up.
    we were on the threshold of a dream.
    the green revolution in farming was taking place where the most staggering yields of corn and wheat and rice etc were happening ...chemical science worjking it's wonders ...does it all lay in tatters now ...people working longer at ever more mundane jobs ...less security ...more debt than ever in history?
    a third of the world starving ...does it all lay in tatters now?
    see what something as innocent as fishpie can lead to?
    1360scientistscartoon1507yo.jpg
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    well fuck me! i was going to say, oh my god, i made a thread which made 5 pages about fish pie...but how gob smacked i am!!

I think Rolly you should right all this down, you have some wonderful words of wisdom (if they were in the correct order - someone had a bit too much last night!)
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

(if they were in the correct order - someone had a bit too much last night!)
    :yes: :yes: :yes: and it were luverly!