Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Is there anyway of getting - in each thread - to new posts that are after the ones you read the day before, or after the one's you've posted? Instead of searching pages and pages from where you left off, or reading through threads you may have not read but thought you have.

My friend's forum does this. Next to the thread topic, it has a "new" button, which links you to the last post you read. I think it'd be really cool and helpful :)
I'm probably going to find out I'm just not clicking a right button hehe

(sorry if it doesnt make sense)

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well you have a News Posts button alread, between Calendar and Search at the top... or you mean something else?
  • Options
    Its kinda like that. But you go into the forum and it has a button next to a thread you have read or posted in and you click on it, and it takes you to that last post that you viewed. I'll try draw it out here

EG: Here are some made up topics

RELATIONSHIPS
    *Should I be liking my boyfriends brother? [NEW]
    *Advice Please!?
    *My eventful night [NEW]
    *Best Friend's Heartache. What to do?! [NEW]
    *Friend or Foe?
    *Text Bully :(
    *I can't stand my step-mum

The thread with [NEW], are ones that i have been reading/following. And when someone has posted a ... post (for lack of a better word) after i have read or posted (maybe a day later, maybe 2 hours later) then the [NEW] shows up and links you to the posts after you have viewed.

That make sense?

I can link you to my mates site that does it, but I'm not sure if you have to be a memeber for it to work... Yea, have to be a member. Ok, I'll try post a pic.

new.jpg
  • Options
    The icons to the left of the thread names mean something like that, don't they?
  • Options
    They just indicate if you have or havent posted in the thread
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    There should be a square icon just to the left of the thread's title, which takes you directly to the oldest post you've not read. In 99% of the cases I use it.
  • Options
    Oh awesome! Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    One is glad to be of service... but amazed you hadn't noticed it so far!
  • Options
    Its one of those things that once you are notified of it, you think "God, how did I not see that!?" *smacks head*

Thanks again. Majes my life easier heeeheee