Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

2nd year accommodation

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why do you think it's more faff living in a house?

my ex boyfriend lived in halls for all 3 years at uni 'cause he loved it so much!
  • Options
    Because you have to find a house, pay bills, arse about with deposits, stuff like that. Well, here you do, anyway.
  • Options
    Living in a house is sweet, you can actually do stuff to your room. And the rooms look differant as my uni halls were 1 room multiplied 1000's of times.

Houses are they forwards plus you dont have to live with as many annoying people!

Bopz
  • Options
    it's not a faff really, imo.

finding a house for me was simple. deposit? just hand over the wonga and make sure you look after the joint and you'll get it back. bills...just divide it by how many of you there are and send the cheque/s off!

plus i find it's made me more domesticated and i've learnt the value of money more with regards to how much gas and electric cost.
  • Options
    plus i find it's made me more domesticated and i've learnt the value of money more with regards to how much gas and electric cost.

yeah me too- next year we're definitely going to be wearing more jumpers instead of having the heating on full all the time!
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    yeah me too- next year we're definitely going to be wearing more jumpers instead of having the heating on full all the time!

:yes:

the house i'm moving into next year is all inclusive as were the other ones we went to look at and they were roasting! apparantly they keep the heating on all the time.
  • Options
    :yes:

the house i'm moving into next year is all inclusive as were the other ones we went to look at and they were roasting! apparantly they keep the heating on all the time.

Be careful with that as my flat comes inclusive of hot water and heating, but the landlord controls what time it comes on and off. Even in the winter it's only on from about 4pm till 10pm, so in the daytime it's freezing.
  • Options
    our waters included next year but nothing else...
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    our waters included next year but nothing else...

it's been the same with me for the past 2 years!