Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New hair style ideas?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ahhhh so maybe me going for caramal highlights again would be a good idea then. I'd like them a little chunkier though to be honest and a few slices of blond here and there. I'm having lowlights as well but it would have to be really dark to be noticable.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Ahhhh so maybe me going for caramal highlights again would be a good idea then. I'd like them a little chunkier though to be honest and a few slices of blond here and there.

I think that sounds nice as it is, i wouldn't bother with low lights aswell, cause if you get caramel and blonde your hair will still be 3 different colours, and i personally wouldn't want to over do it.

Show us a pic when you've had it done :p
  • Options
    Well I think I'm going to have chunky caramal highlights with bits of blonde.

I'm still tempted on putting dark reds into my hair though.

I've still got a week to decide :D
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I'm bored of my hair at the moment. I want something new to make it a bit nicer. Its a mess at the minute. I've posted a picture of my current hair style although its grown out a bit since that picture was taken. You can't see the colour very well but my hair is brown with caramal highlights.

I'm thinking of having some new highlights done but I'm not sure if I should go a bit lighter. Any ideas?

Also any ideas on a new hair style?

Isn't there a place women can go and try on loads of wigs and see what styles look good before committing for the chop?
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Well I think I'm going to have chunky caramal highlights with bits of blonde.

I'm still tempted on putting dark reds into my hair though.

I've still got a week to decide :D

I have dark hair and used to have red chunky highlights which looked great but the red washed out really quickly and ended up a bit orangey so it meant getting it re-done quite often.

I think the caramel will look great and I reckon you'd also suit blonde n red too. x
  • Options
    Isn't there a place women can go and try on loads of wigs and see what styles look good before committing for the chop?
    :no: I don't know anywhere that does stuff like that to be honest.
    the red washed out really quickly and ended up a bit orangey so it meant getting it re-done quite often.

Yeah, alot of girls who have had red put into their hair have said this. Its putting me off a bit.

I think I might have chunkier caramal and blonde highlights put in. I've kinda decided on the colours.

Now I've got to choose a style....
  • Options
    Even though I have posted them another thread, heres my new hair.

I said I would post some :p

Ended up having blonde highlights, dark lowlights.

Had lots of layers put in and a thicker side fringe.
  • Options
    Looking good, the side fringe thing really suits you :thumb:
  • Options
    Ooh! You look really pretty! Yay! :yes:

So, now it's my turn... I really wanna get my hair done. I haven't been to the hairdressers in about 5 years. Of course, I've had my hair trimmed, but now it's just getting boring and annoying. I'm fed up. I'd like something long enough that I can put it up, but not something high maintenance. Also, my fair is very fine, and I'm not looking to have it dyed in anyway.

Here is me and the hair, but it ain't such a fab pic...

612142321_l.jpg

Please note that I'm not actually an emo kid. That was a MySpaz piss take photo. Thankies!
  • Options
    Can't really see it. Have you not got a picture with your hair actually on it?
  • Options
    yeh would help if you had a face-on one!
  • Options
    I'm stupid, so I got my camera stolen so I can't take anymore. I can have a browse someplace and see...?
  • Options
    http://www.livejournal.com/community/madradhair is good there's a good few links in the user info and there's pictures in the journal itself.
  • Options
    That's really pretty stacey!
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    http://www.livejournal.com/community/madradhair is good there's a good few links in the user info and there's pictures in the journal itself.

Hmm...
  • Options
    s320x240
    This you?
  • Options
    Okay, so I know this isn't the best pic in the universe, and it's not the most flattering either, but it's the best one I have of my hair.

As you can see, it's -very- dark and is very long. Also, I have no hint or trace of a fringe at all. And my hair is very fine.

Whatcha think?

608037558_l.jpg
  • Options
    You're hair is so long and nice. Wish my hair was that long :grump:
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    You're hair is so long and nice. Wish my hair was that long :grump:

Thank you!

But my hair is incredibly rubbish and plain and boring... And it's been that way for 5 years. I'm pretty much fed up with it now. So I'd like a change. But what...?
  • Options
    Why don't you have some of it chopped off, have a fringe put in and maybe some colour?
  • Options
    id have a good 6 inches to a foot cut off that, and get light layering around the front (but not the back, as it never looks good on fine hair) and some chunky slices of colour around the front shaped bits

I recently had 6 inches cut off my hair and i was wary at first but glad i did it, so much easier and looks far less boring than before!!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    id have a good 6 inches to a foot cut off that, and get light layering around the front (but not the back, as it never looks good on fine hair) and some chunky slices of colour around the front shaped bits

I recently had 6 inches cut off my hair and i was wary at first but glad i did it, so much easier and looks far less boring than before!!

I like the idea of going for something shorter, though not too much shorter.

I'm scared about colouring though... I'm not sure it's really my thing...
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I like the idea of going for something shorter, though not too much shorter.

I'm scared about colouring though... I'm not sure it's really my thing...

it really adds interest to long fine hair.

If your scared of dealing with it when it grows out and stuff, never get a head of foils. You get a horrible grow-out line and they generally dont look good for long.

I did my colour myself, i bleached some chunks from the under-layers but only put the bleach on about half way down, which means it will never notice when it grows out. And if i get bored in a few months it can be cut out because its only towards the ends.

Its cool having the blonde bits cos i have these little pots of temporary dye which i can put over the top when i want a change.

this is what i did!
    hair.JPG 122.2K
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    it really adds interest to long fine hair.

If your scared of dealing with it when it grows out and stuff, never get a head of foils. You get a horrible grow-out line and they generally dont look good for long.

I did my colour myself, i bleached some chunks from the under-layers but only put the bleach on about half way down, which means it will never notice when it grows out. And if i get bored in a few months it can be cut out because its only towards the ends.

Its cool having the blonde bits cos i have these little pots of temporary dye which i can put over the top when i want a change.

Yeah, it's the maintaining it that I'm worried about! I'm scared that when it comes to fixing my hair, I won't be able to afford the dyes or anything to do it!!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Hmm...
    Some of the styles can be a bit scary but there are some hidden gems.
  • Options
    Yeah. It's just finding one that I think I'd suit! Or that I think I'd be bold enough to get!
  • Options
    Blah's got some good points and she's got nice hair so you won't go wrong by taking her advice :thumb:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Blah's got some good points.

She does indeed. But I'm not totally sure that colouring is where I wanna go. Besides, with my job it can't be too flashy.