Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drugs in the US

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How does the ease of obtaining substances in the US compare to the UK? In particular, things such as pills, GHB, speed and weed? Obviously I don't want specifics. Just a general idea of the situtation over there. :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As far as I know, weed is very easy. Pills are pretty accesible too but cost much more, $20 a pill or something. As for the rest, dunno!
    as easy as buying ciggarettes.
    Small towns are great for meth. The one I came from everybody and their grandma (literally) had a cooker. Such a problem though, by the time I moved out the feds were in town, had been for a month or so. All depends on where you are for what is most accessable, again, back home good weed was impossible to get. You could get an 1/8th for $20, though I come to Chicago and you get a gram for $20, though the gram would get you as high as the 1/8th of the other crap. Pills, yes, are quite pricy, $20 is what I've seen, some old friends were into that. Coke is one of the depending on where you are things. Alot of small towns were cracking down on coke a while back so thats harder to find in the boonies, so they switched to meth, out in the city here, its very easy. Can get some really good stuff for $80 an eightball, but then again I knew the guy very well and only ever went thru him and I knew he gave me quite a discount, to be honest I dont know how much an 8ball would actually run. Those two were really the only ones I got into so I'm not too all that aware of the average pricings and how easy they are to get for much else, though I just remember that what pepole wanted, it was never hard to find. (In the city at least) If your desperate enough, just drive downtown, everybody knows somebody down there.
    It may be, in some places, as accessible as in the UK, but remember the police and the law is no where near the same.
    bongbudda wrote:
    It may be, in some places, as accessible as in the UK, but remember the police and the law is no where near the same.

From what I've read of the law of it ther, :yes: Big fine and possibly jail time for something as minor as posession of marajuana parafinelia (I wish I could spell)

I found out yesterday, as I was filling out some student stuff, if you've ever been convicted of *any* drug related offense, even say, the minor one reported above, you are completly uneligable for any government loans/grants/any money at all for college.
    You can't even own a bong or something?! That sucks. Do you know anything about Jacksonville, drugs-wise? ;)
    As far as the college-aged population goes, it's almost impossible to avoid being around marijuana quite frequently. Downer pills are readily available to anyone who wants them, and it's easy to find cocaine if you try.

For young, twenty-something professionals, it's mostly all about alcohol, but there's plenty of marijuana. Lots of people do it in more private settings.

High schoolers are a different story. It's normally whatever you can get, which is usually alcohol or weed. It basically depends on the people you know and how you can get your fix. So you can pretty much either be a drunk or a pothead.

Overall, there's only marijuana, as far as mainstream use. Of course, there are plenty of pockets and cultures in the United States which are concentrated on different drugs, and almost every drug imaginable is represented.

Jacksonville has traditionally been a pretty slummy city, although they've been trying to clean it up for like the past decade. You could get anything you wanted if you wanted to network with some shady characters -- as you could in any city -- and you could find weed very easily.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll be living in the city near the beach, but I'm sure I can venture into the ghetto if needs be :)
    You can't even own a bong or something?! That sucks. Do you know anything about Jacksonville, drugs-wise? ;)

If you are going to be new in town be very careful, take it very slowly and dont be silly.

We are, in many ways very liberal in the UK, if you're caught with personal amounts of most drugs now you're likely to get just a caution but that is NOT the case over there. Plus if you get busted you could get deported and never get to go back.
    heroin here is available at usualy anywhere between 40% and 75% purity but over there the average is 11%! how the hell you run up a decent habit on crap like that is beyond me.
    i'm talking new york ...i can't speak for the rest of the place ...and yes i'm sure people here know of plenty of bad quality here but i'm talking averages.
    heroin here is available at usualy anywhere between 40% and 75% purity but over there the average is 11%! how the hell you run up a decent habit on crap like that is beyond me.
    i'm talking new york ...i can't speak for the rest of the place ...and yes i'm sure people here know of plenty of bad quality here but i'm talking averages.

That has somewhat changed, certainly quality in the US used to be much lower than here, but I dont think that is still the case.

Plus of course there is a large supply of synthetic opiates such as oxycontin and similar in the US.
    In the US you hear everyone talking about buying fentanyl, pethedine, methadone, oxycodone, hydromorph, oxycontins etc off dealers. You don't get that here, I'd sure rather take pharma drugs than skag... if I was in the US and wanted an opiate rush I'd stick to the pharms.

In this country about the closest you'll get is MSContin or some shit like that.
    I got prescribed tonnes of DHC a while ago and even the buzz off a few codeine was nicer.
    Marijuana: easy as buying a chocolate bar, and these days with it being so readily available, prices are plummeting. Seriously, so many users are growing, you can easily get midi-grade for $25/quarter! You can get Northern Lights for $25-$30/eighth where I live! And trust me, this is the real deal...

X: Moderately difficult, but once you can find a dealer they'll give you rock bottom prices (for US anyway) to make you a regular. 6 months ago, it wasn't uncommon to pay $20/$25 a pop, but it seems nobody's buying this shit anymore (mainly because the overall quality IS shit) so you can easily get them from $6-$14, or a "triple-infused" for $15/$20, which I must admit are much better. Think of them as a 24 hour time released version of ecstacy...

Adderall (caps): relatively easy to obtain. Runs $1-$5 depending on strength and dealer.

Adderall: (blue tabs) Extremely difficult to get, dammit! There are so many alternatives (even fucking Welbutrin! WTF!?) that have far less potential for abuse that these are never prescribed anymore. $5-$10, even for much lower strength than in cap form. I cannot count the number of times people have asked me "got any blues?" Obtaining a prescription of twice a day 30mg tablets is my ultimate dream...

Concerta: Easier than buying candy, seeing as everyone and their brother's roommate has these damn things. These are shit, imo, even the fucking 59 mg. Horrid comedown, weak body buzz, more of a headache than euphoric sensation, can't snort 'em. At least it'll keep you awake for the big exam. Free-$2.

Coke: Fairly easy to find. Quality varies, but is steadily improving from what I've seen. $20-$50/g. Can get pretty good quality for $35.

GHB: Impossible. Most stoners have never even heard of this...

Pure opium: Very difficult. It's just not a practical drug to ditribute, but I have had poppy tea given to me. No idea on pricing.

Crystal Meth: Moderately difficult. Never pursued it myself, but it is still quite expensive.

Crack: easy. $20/8ball is standard.

acid: Moderately difficult. This took a while to find, but nothing I had to bend over backwards for. Runs $5-$8/hit from what I've seen.

Shrooms: Moderatley difficult, although where I live there is a SERIOUS drought (though that's not a prob for me, if ya get me). $20/dime, $25-$35/eighth, and $50-$60/quarter.

Methadone: Very difficult. I only know one recovering heroin addict that can get these now and again. $25/pop.

Oxy: Somewhat difficult. $10-$25 depending on strength, but more toward the $25 price point. A LOT of people get ripped off though, because they don't realize that it comes in many strengths! Why are users so inaware for this drug in particular? Couldn't tell ya, but dealers make a KILLING selling 5 mgs for $25...

Vicodin: Fairly easy. A cheap, affordable high like this is very appealing. makes most people (myself included) giggly in addition to the great body buzz, so it's becoming pretty popular. And seeing as this is the cheapest (abusable) prescription drug I can think of, there is a good market for it. A month supply of 500s will only run you about $7! So selling for 2/$5 or $2/pop...

Hope that about sums it up for you.
    Nice to see that the prescription market is well regulated in the US isnt it.

Oh, and there is no 24 hour MDMA.
    J wrote:
    That's because your government hasn't got a clue. Surely they should want people who have been in trouble to rehabilitate themselves?
    Personaly I think this country has got it right.

We may have it slightly less wrong than the US, in that we are not quite as hardline, but the current government policy is dangerous and makes the drug problem much worse.

Vicodin: Fairly easy. A cheap, affordable high like this is very appealing. makes most people (myself included) giggly in addition to the great body buzz, so it's becoming pretty popular. And seeing as this is the cheapest (abusable) prescription drug I can think of, there is a good market for it. A month supply of 500s will only run you about $7! So selling for 2/$5 or $2/pop...

Your dealers must have an amazing insurance plan.
    US drugs

I think all depends where u are. In Miami the concierge at quite a posh hotel offered to get us coke on the first day and it was everywhere - but nothing else available (well easily!). And v good.

Es are expensive and just as bad as what we get here - in Boston everyone was on them and going mental. I was suitably supercilious!

NY everythings hard to get if you're in normal places - I'm sure you get whatever you want in the bad areas (what a snob!). Alll the docs are terrified of prescribing vicodin and oxycontin but in Las Vegas my friend got 60 of each just for "menstrual pain".

I haven't been to smalltown America as I'm terrifed of getting beaten to death for ordering a voddie and tonic but I read crystal meth is everywhere. Never tried it and as I'm going into rehab looks like I won't!
    I really wouldn't like to be a druggy in america for some reason, it all seems so shady and seedy. Plus, the laws are much much tougher and we've all seen programs with american police on...

no offence but yank coppers+dodgy neighbourhoods+notoriously varying quality drugs(good weed though) unless pharm...hmm not for me thanks!
    I have been in new york for a few years. You can find pretty much anything if you know where to look for it. And if you get really desperate you can go to what they call college here, basically its like uni, this way it's usually really cheap because they are all poor students desperately trying to get whatever money they can (but quality probably isnt so great). New York has about the toughest drug laws of anywhere in the states but if you are careful you can avoid being caught.
    The best way to get good quality anything is go to a few raves and get to know some people, the raver community is mostly really friendly and they can set you up for drugs typically not associated with rave scene also. This is likely to be about the purest you can find since it really is a community where everyone is watching out for the whole group, not just their friends.
    Requiem wrote:
    And if you get really desperate you can go to what they call college here, .

:lol::lol:
    Pusher, Where do you live?

It depends totally on the area.
    Bud is real easy to get, but good bud is damn near impossible.
    coke is easy
    everything else is like.. once you find out where to get it, your introduced to circles of it.
    Requiem wrote:
    I The best way to get good quality anything is go to a few raves and get to know some people, the raver community is mostly really friendly .
    it's the nearest thing to the 60's sanfransico scene of love joy pesce. peace thast is ...hic.