Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me surprise my mum!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's her birthday today, and between me and my boyfriend, we're making it look like we forgot etc, so that when she comes back from work at 1pm, she'll have a nice surprise. I've even phoned her today, asking if she can go down town with me to pick my glasses up, but mentioned nothing else.

So far, I've made a banner and stuck it up, wrapped her present (that the boyfriend told her we wouldn't be able to get, would some chocolate do? :D mwahaha, she's expecting a diary milk bar instead of a designer watch... *ahem*) and written her a card from me and the boyfriend and one from the pets (including alot of mud on it from the dog, and I got the rabbit to actually nibble the corner off... she did get a bit agressive though and tear it)

All her cards are up already ( she must of opened them last night) and until the post comes, I don't know if theres any more I can put with her stuff, so what else to do? I'll probably have to go down asda for my dad in a bit (as he's in bed and I'll bet you any money he doesn't know t's her birthday today) so my times limited! I wondered about a cake, but I have a grand total of £1.10 to my name - Help me think!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nice bunch of flowers? Make lunch for her coming home?

Ok so I just read you're skint, you could probably get an Asda Smartprice cake mix for less than £1 and make her a cake.
    Balloons? Make a cake? Any ingredients in the cupboard already to save you some money?
    Hmm I thought about the cake alot... as far as I know, all our cooking ingredients are what I used to use for Food tech at school, so god only knows what's in there. I'll have a look :)

P.S If you could see the amount of flowers in this house... bringing more in would be a crime. She is a compulsive flower buyer and we all sufffer with hayfever :)