Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X-Men III, at last a good blockbuster coming our way

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I think this will be the one to see. I've seen and liked M:i 3 and liked it but I'm not sure about Superman Returns.

What do you guys think about X3 and are you looking forward to any other films?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It will be awesome!
    I am looking forward to it!
    I am off to see it on 29th!
    I cant wait for x-men 3, am going to see it on the 25th when it comes out!
    one of my mates is 'obsessed' with all things x-men so no doubt ill be going to see it at the weekend sometime!! enjoyed the first 2 films so im guessing ill enjoy this one too!!
    I wanted Gambit to be in it :9 He was hot int he comics. Of course I'll be going to see it...depending on if I can drag someone with me :blush:
    I can't wait :hyper:
    I'm well excited, haha.

geeky or not I don't care :D
    I'm well excited too :hyper:
    I so cant ait to see it! It premieres tomorrow, and my friend has booked out a screening on sunday, to help her fundraise for a schooltrip, but i have work :(
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I shall be seeing it this weekend I hope!

Looking forward too it!
    :yum: Hugh Jackman, yes i'll definitely be seeing me thinks
    I seen one clip with pyro wearing his flame thrower wrist bands....i want to see it even more now! Shame Storm was made the main X-man in this film.
    Carolina wrote:
    :yum: Hugh Jackman, yes i'll definitely be seeing me thinks

ooh ditto. Yu-hu-meeee :hyper: :yum:
    subject13 wrote:
    I seen one clip with pyro wearing his flame thrower wrist bands....i want to see it even more now! Shame Storm was made the main X-man in this film.

Yea, I heard she demanded it :no: not cool
    Just seen it and I recommend it, i enjoyed it!

"I'm the juggernought BITCH" :D
    Yea, I heard she demanded it :no: not cool

Where did you hear that?
    I might go and see it tomorrow. It'll be great fun, I'm sure. :)
    When BRian Singer was still the director, Halle Berry quit and refused to work unless he totally re-wrote the script around Storm. He didnt, but then left to do Superman and took James Marsden with him forcing the script to be rewritten almost to what Halle Berry wanted.

Go Brotherhood of Mutants! Magneto for President...Woooo!
    Me mate wants to see it, I may go with her.
    gah hurry up and see it people!!!
    I saw it yesterday, and I rather liked it. There was a lot of action, but I would have liked some more character development. But it was worth the £5.60 I spent.

The plot of a bit different from most films.
    Its out is it?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I saw it (twice even!). It's pretty good, but not as good as the other two... It's more based around what each mutant can do rather than their relations with each other and the social issues, and also I think whoever wrote the script made a mistake: they put too many new mutants in it (new as in, they weren't in the other movies) and they didn't have enough time to give to all of them, which makes the movie feel kind of empty.
    I saw it (twice even!). It's pretty good, but not as good as the other two... It's more based around what each mutant can do rather than their relations with each other and the social issues, and also I think whoever wrote the script made a mistake: they put too many new mutants in it (new as in, they weren't in the other movies) and they didn't have enough time to give to all of them, which makes the movie feel kind of empty.

I kinda agree with this one. The movie seemed to be stretching in all directions, and some of the storylines should have been cut because the length of it just couldn't cover everything.
    I'm also not sure about how Magneto was portrayed. I found it quite over the top.

However, I did enjoy it. Not as much as the first two but it was definitely worth seeing.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Disspointing. Must try harder, 5/10.

Alright film. Could have been better. So much better. F-- for effort.
    i went to see it with the missus last night. i thought it was a really good film, but i think some of the new mutants could have been put to more use, i.e angel. i was shocked at a certain death in the film though, and those of you who've seen it will know what i'm talking about.

i've got a bit of advice for those of you you haven't seen it but are planning to go, please stay in your seat until the VERY END of the credits, coz there's a little surprise waiting for you ;)
    I thought it was a fantastic films though they were unneccessary with the deaths. I mean i knew they had to get rid of certain characters whose actors werent wanting big parts but still.

Kitty Pryde was awesome!
    The Rogue arc was unexpected.
    Magnetos destiny i wonder about.

Who watched the credits to the end and Saw the extra footage on Muir Island?????
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Unfortunately it's very rare here for a theater to display all the credits, so I didn't see it...
    I havent seen it yet, but happy joy joy, surprise dead person aint dead!! yay!! I was so sad just to hear it