Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What would you do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took a personal day on Monday the 8th. It was approved and I took it off and bla bla bla. Come Friday I get my check and realize its about 8 hours short. I did not get paid for my time off. I called down to payroll and they never recieved it. Turns out the annoying moron of an assistant did not fax it, even though I asked and asked to make sure he did as he has a tendency to forget to fax important things like that.

I go in today and search thru trying to find my time off request. Looked thru my file, looked thru the two giant files labeled "to be filed" that range back a whole month. See ho productive this jackass is :\

Anyays, its not there. He lost it. Excelent. Though I'm not all that surprised. Pissed off, but not shocked. OK, rant over sorry :p

So now there is no record of me taking this time off. I could now, fill out another paper, talk to my boss and have them cut me a check for it. Or, I could let this be an act of god and say, hey, I'm not going to die without 8 hours of pay, I now have 8 more hours of time off that I could take. And who doesn't want more paid vacation time. The answer seems obvious to me, leave it be and take that day again another time, but I could be more lazy and have less morals and ethic than the average Joe. So I'll ask, what would you do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you want the money or the time more?
    Mist wrote:
    Do you want the money or the time more?

Well I dont really need the money now, its not that much anyways, and I would get it later...

And I love not going to work...

When you say 'personal day', I assume you mean a sick day or something?
    Sofie wrote:
    When you say 'personal day', I assume you mean a sick day or something?

More vacation day really... I guess it really doesn't matter what you call it, just paid day off, sick/vacation/personal, its all the same thing really. I think they just call it that becasue you get it straight off at the begining of the year without it being accrued and such like sick and vac time.