Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help! Need some make up advice!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay im new! so hey everyone!!! :wave:

Ive got a summer ball coming up & am in desperate need of some help!

Im wearing a little strapless red dress (sexy but summery) or maybe a strapless fifties shift style white dress and I want sexy smokey eyes! :flirt:

Im useless when it comes to dark & sultry!
First problem being that I don't know which colours I should use & how to blend for a fifties sex kitten look!

I have blue eyes (quite big & long lashes) & mid blonde hair if that helps ?!?!

Please help! :D

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    Oh & also has anyone seen a strapless white dress with a black ribbon under the bust anywhere?? Ive seen 2 girls wearing them & should have asked at the time! :rolleyes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Asos had a dress just like the one you have described, only 25 pounds aswel!
  • Options
    Oh & also has anyone seen a strapless white dress with a black ribbon under the bust anywhere?? Ive seen 2 girls wearing them & should have asked at the time! :rolleyes:

i saw some in river island earlier :thumb:

for the make-up if you have really blue eyes, i always think grey eye makeup looks really nice. it's sultry without being slapperish, and it makes your eyes really stand out. use dark grey eyeliner, and mid grey eyeshadow, with a teeny bit of sparkle on the inner corners.
  • Options
    I agree with this - i have blue eyes and if i'm going for smokey then i will normally use either greys or browns as black is tooo harsh and looks a bit wrong.
  • Options
    you can normally get kits with three matching-tone eyeshadows in, collection 2000 do one with dark grey, silver and white. put the white in the inside corners of your eyes and on your brow bones to highlight. then put the silver all over your eyelid up to the crease. then put the dark grey (using the thin end of the applicator..) along your lash line winging it out a bit at the outside corner...you could also use eyeliner if you're brave and have a steady hand, along the top lashes. lots of black mascara! gorgeous.