Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best way...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently met someone, thing is I dont really want anything serious/long-term with them. Think I may have led them on a little bit. They are nice, but not right for me I can tell already. Whats the best way to let them down if they contact me? There is someone else who I could imagine being better relationship material for myself. Guess I have that bus problem going on at the moment lol

Comments

• Options
    I guess if you tell them the truth that would be fair enough. It's a common problem. There are very few "right" people for all of us.
  • Options
    just be honest and tell them how you feel.
  • Options
    Cheers...yeah guess thats all I can do really! Decided Im more attracted to this other person, have a bit of a crush on them but I dont want to appear too desperate...Not quite sure when to make a move on them.
  • Options
    i kno how u feel, im the same with ppl, only like wot u cant get to so easily. The ones that probably care either get over looked, or played, there not harm in takin her out, having a drink and a chat, she will still feel wanted, and so will u, jus wont b so worried about it that she wont jump at u, i find it helps being shy cos i dont give off so many signs...

Enjoy the attention until that one comes along!
  • Options
    Just tell him the truth. Don't do what I did with my guy like that! I ended up sleeping with him, and now I've lost a good friend. :(
  • Options
    Hehe yeah think a lot of people are like that. Always want what seems less approachable. I tend to jump into things as well and then think I should have held back a bit. Maybe I should go for a shy approach and give less away. I dunno, think being yourself is the best thing though really. Be more mysterious maybe to keep the person interested? Hmmm...can never decide which way to go.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Hehe yeah think a lot of people are like that. Always want what seems less approachable. I tend to jump into things as well and then think I should have held back a bit. Maybe I should go for a shy approach and give less away. I dunno, think being yourself is the best thing though really.

Yes it is, I'm hoping that when I meet the right guy I will know and it'll all just fall into place, even with my stupid quirks. Fingers crossed
  • Options
    Yes it is, I'm hoping that when I meet the right guy I will know and it'll all just fall into place, even with my stupid quirks. Fingers crossed

Well good luck with that :) Im not looking for the 'one' or anything, but definately want to find someone that I feel I click with in every sense if Im going to have something more serious with them. Im playing the dating game at the moment...guess I dont want to commit to going out with someone unless Im completely sure about them. Plus the fact that Im very independent and have become very used to being single now. Strange dating again. Can never decide what I want really. Probably give a lot of mixed vibes off to people. Guess I should just go for it and make a move on the person I have a crush on! And not spend so much time on people who I can tell already would not last long with me.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Im playing the dating game at the moment...guess I dont want to commit to going out with someone unless Im completely sure about them. Plus the fact that Im very independent and have become very used to being single now. Strange dating again. Can never decide what I want really. Probably give a lot of mixed vibes off to people. Guess I should just go for it and make a move on the person I have a crush on! And not spend so much time on people who I can tell already would not last long with me.

Hmm, that's pretty much the way I feel too at the moment, or generally maybe.

I think if you don't hear that elusive click loud and clear and from the get-go, then it often is a case of spending your time on the wrong person and pursuing the wrong relationships. You seem to know your mind on this, so just trust your instincts... I'm sure you will anyway :)

As for the possibility of their contacting you looking to see you again in a romantic sense, I can only echo the sentiments already expressed - be honest and don't beat around the bush, as far as is possible anyway. While they might be a little hurt, I'm sure they'd appreciate your propensity for honesty in the long run... even if they do feel that they've been led down the garden path a little way. G'luck :)
  • Options
    i just work too much anyway