Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Commission?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going for an interview and the pay says "commission", it's an "Ad Sales Person" job for an ethical magazine. 48 hours a week.

Does this mean no basic pay?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes and No, it could mean that you are entirly on commission, or have a low rate of pay that you are expected to boost with commission, depends on the company policy.
    Yes and No, it could mean that you are entirly on commission, or have a low rate of pay that you are expected to boost with commission, depends on the company policy.
    Ahh Ok.... The ad just says commission... How the fuck can I live off that???
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I'd assume that if it is just based on commission you *shoud* earn at least the basic wage through this if you are working. Obviously, if you sit on your arse and do nothing you don't get anything.
    aye, most commision based jobs have a basic wage (which is shit) and then you get the commision on top.

another thing to bear in mind is that if you are working 48 hours a week, you are earning less per hour that normal (your run-of-the-mill 9-5 job is 35 hours a week), so i'd expect them to cough up more as a basic (if that's the way it works).
    kaffrin wrote:
    aye, most commision based jobs have a basic wage (which is shit) and then you get the commision on top.

another thing to bear in mind is that if you are working 48 hours a week, you are earning less per hour that normal (your run-of-the-mill 9-5 job is 35 hours a week), so i'd expect them to cough up more as a basic (if that's the way it works).
    What, they won't pay me minimum wage?