Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Detox

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello i'm new here xx

Been caining it for a couple of years now and am on my third weekend of no chems, weed or drink and i'm feeling really shit!!

Dunno if its the weather tho :no: got over the week and a half without base fine, done that a few times before - and u usually feel better after 9 days (for some reason) but i'm now on my 5th day without weed and i feel shakey and dizzy and pretty horrid :crying:

its not even supposed to be addictive!! Why do i feel so poorly?!?! :crying:

i've given it up cos it was supossed to help me get fit and healthy and happy but so far i've been nothing but tired, bored and REALLY lonely as all my friends are still out getting wasted, i've since fallen out with my best friend and i'm doing all this on my own but starting to wonder if the straight life is actually any better than the wreckhead life :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is a documented cannabis withdrawal syndrome. It's mild compared to other drugs, but it exists.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I would suggest you have a look at the Know Cannabis website for some information and tips, and go easy on yourself, its early days yet! Get lots of sleep, eat well, drink lots of water, get as much exercise as you can and generally look after yourself, it will all help put you in a better frame of mind. Stick with it and good luck!
    Results
    Your score is: 24
    Score ranges:

16-36: Serious risk. Your drug use is getting out of hand.

Your score is 16 points or more

Your use of cannabis is getting out of hand. Because of the health risks and other problems, we advise you to stop your cannabis use - do not be tempted to leave this until next week or the week after but try to do something now. Try the self-help programme [Click here] or get the 'Guide To Cutting Down and Stopping Cannabis Use' booklet - it can be ordered online by clicking [here]

Materials are also available from FRANK by calling 0800 77 66 00.

oh dear :( still i did the quiz as if i hadnt given up but wanted to so i guess the hardest bit is done

doesnt make it any easier going from a socialite to a boring straighty tho :cry:
    Lexica wrote:
    doesnt make it any easier going from a socialite to a boring straighty tho :cry:

You can still be a socialite without drugs, I know because I am one :D

Anyway good luck with everything :thumb:
    There is a period of shittiness when going off drugs, everyone's getting fucked and you're not and you feel depressed, but it passes eventually. Good luck :thumb:
    using speed i never seemed to get ill ...i think it killed any bugs that attempted to inhabit me.
    quitting speed i caught everything that was going round for about three months ...but nowt serious.
    i think a lot of people ...experts included ...don't realise how heavy speed can be on your body.
    in my experience ...it was a hell of a lot harder on my body than heroin.
    i doubt the lack of cannabis is making you feel ill but you never know.
    if you want to be a tea totaler ...thats going to be hard ...psycologic wise after being a regular stoner speed freak.
    it never appealed to me so i cut out the speed coke smack and stuck with the weed and drink.
    very rare that i hammer either.
    sometimes don't bother with them for a few weeks ...but not planned ...just loose interest or am to busy.
    good luck in whatever you choose.

oh yeah ...just remembered ...if you do want to become a teatotaler ...i thimk you'll find you will end up having to find new friends ...
    using speed i never seemed to get ill ...i think it killed any bugs that attempted to inhabit me.
    quitting speed i caught everything that was going round for about three months ...but nowt serious.
    i think a lot of people ...experts included ...don't realise how heavy speed can be on your body.
    in my experience ...it was a hell of a lot harder on my body than heroin.
    i doubt the lack of cannabis is making you feel ill but you never know.
    if you want to be a tea totaler ...thats going to be hard ...psycologic wise after being a regular stoner speed freak.
    it never appealed to me so i cut out the speed coke smack and stuck with the weed and drink.
    very rare that i hammer either.
    sometimes don't bother with them for a few weeks ...but not planned ...just loose interest or am to busy.
    good luck in whatever you choose.

oh yeah ...just remembered ...if you do want to become a teatotaler ...i thimk you'll find you will end up having to find new friends ...

Just out of curiousity you say speed was harder on your body than heroin, which was harder on your body/mind to come off? I would assume heroin but I dont really know.. :confused:
    dont really wanna give it up forever but this experience is really making me wonder, i dont know if i can do this anymore ii really dont, i cant handle being on my own all the time and feeling shit like this :(
    Just out of curiousity you say speed was harder on your body than heroin, which was harder on your body/mind to come off? I would assume heroin but I dont really know.. :confused:
    believe it or not heroin is basicly harmless ...no damage to organs mind soul etc but speed ...or any other stimulant ...makes your body race and your mind race ...way beyond what they are supposed to.
    did you know that morphine was always considered to be the drug of ...if not everlasting ...longer lasting youthfulness?
    opiates do virtualy no damage.

heroin is physicaly hard to come off ...amphetamine when abused to the degree i did it ...can take some serious readjusting mentaly.
    amphetamine is more a psycological/emotional addiction where heroin/opiates are more physicaly addictive and ...the most dangerous and life threatening ...and for me addicive wise ...is nicotine.
    Lexica wrote:
    dont really wanna give it up forever but this experience is really making me wonder, i dont know if i can do this anymore ii really dont, i cant handle being on my own all the time and feeling shit like this :(
    do you have to be on your own?
    try a bit of socializing with another group oif people.
    believe it or not heroin is basicly harmless ...no damage to organs mind soul etc but speed ...or any other stimulant ...makes your body race and your mind race ...way beyond what they are supposed to.
    did you know that morphine was always considered to be the drug of ...if not everlasting ...longer lasting youthfulness?
    opiates do virtualy no damage.

heroin is physicaly hard to come off ...amphetamine when abused to the degree i did it ...can take some serious readjusting mentaly.
    amphetamine is more a psycological/emotional addiction where heroin/opiates are more physicaly addictive and ...the most dangerous and life threatening ...and for me addicive wise ...is nicotine.

Thank you for your reply :)
    there is no one else, i'm quite agoraphobic which is half the reason i got into caining it, my entire social network revolved around drugs and now i dont see anyone from week to week apart from work and thats only part time and i've nothing in common with a bunch of fireman with wives and kids :(

the more i think about everything the more i think i cant do this! I rid myself of onoe problem and ten more pop up the only problem i had before was being tired and ratty during the week now i've opened a whole new can of evil worms :(
    Lexica wrote:
    there is no one else, i'm quite agoraphobic which is half the reason i got into caining it, my entire social network revolved around drugs and now i dont see anyone from week to week apart from work and thats only part time and i've nothing in common with a bunch of fireman with wives and kids :(

the more i think about everything the more i think i cant do this! I rid myself of onoe problem and ten more pop up the only problem i had before was being tired and ratty during the week now i've opened a whole new can of evil worms :(
    it's not the coming off the drugs then that are the most difficult thing your facing but ...a whole lifestyle change.
    many experts in the field believe you can actualy go through a grieving process when leaving a way of life behind.
    then theres the added problem of ...building a new one ...from what ...where ...how?
    the way i see it is ...you are going through the trauma of being lost.
    a situation that could be described as ...two dead ends and you still have to choose.
    yeah reckon that just about sums it up :(
    Lexica wrote:
    yeah reckon that just about sums it up :(
    sorry mush but there aint no easy answers.
    do you live with family?
    if so ...do they know?
    only my 6 year old son :( gets worse and worse doesnt it...
    Lexica wrote:
    only my 6 year old son :( gets worse and worse doesnt it...
    been there ...been a single dad that is.
    don't put yourself down.
    keep posting ...you never know what ggoood advice your going to get here ...even from me when i'm a bit more awake.
    sorry but i have to head to my bed ...i am absolutely nackered.
    please ...be a good mum ...and as well as loving the little one ...continue loving yourself ...your the most important thing in little ones life.
    and believe it or not ...it can and does get better.
    thinking about you.