Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lloyds TSB just bought a game off me on eBay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is weird. Someone has just bought KOTOR 2 from me on eBay, but their postal address is Lloyds TSB. They have 0 feedback, but I'm gonna send it anyway :razz: but it seems a bit strange... I think he works there because his e-mail domain is '@lloydstsb.co.uk' - all the same why get a computer game posted to your bank??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He'll work at the bank, if he hasn't listed a proper name it's probably due to some ebay paranoia - I have everything posted to YouthNet and I've sold things to MTV, the British Film Institute, Sight and Sound and the Guardian in the past
    Aw that's a clever idea. Shame I only work at my work for 2 hours a day, or I'd have stuff posted there. They'd probably bin it if it came though, they'd think it was a bomb.
    It's that problem of living in flats / shared houses as well - not wanting something expensive left lying around when you don't know everyone else who you are in the same building with -

you should see our office, each morning it's like the ebay fairy arrives to spread good cheer, bargains and broken pottery
    Thats why I hate ordering stuff-I have a shared entrance and the people upstairs are right gits with the mail :|
    When I post parcels to my boyfriend and his family (in Brazil) the most secure postal address where I know they will actually get it is sending things to their church. I once sent my "mother-in-law" a gel filled push up bra and matching g-string. Apparently "everybody" thought it was lovely :thumb:
    Jim V wrote:
    He'll work at the bank, if he hasn't listed a proper name it's probably due to some ebay paranoia - I have everything posted to YouthNet and I've sold things to MTV, the British Film Institute, Sight and Sound and the Guardian in the past
    I guess you have the added worry of one of us lot finding out your home address (if we were selling something and you were the customer) and then we might start stalking you :nervous:
    Randomgirl wrote:
    When I post parcels to my boyfriend and his family (in Brazil) the most secure postal address where I know they will actually get it is sending things to their church. I once sent my "mother-in-law" a gel filled push up bra and matching g-string. Apparently "everybody" thought it was lovely :thumb:
    :lol::lol: :thumb:
    nicx1811 wrote:
    They'd probably bin it if it came though, they'd think it was a bomb.
    I've just re-read this post.

You think if they thought something was a bomb they would be like

"Oh. Looks like a bomb addressed to Nicki. Best put it in the waste paper basket as she's not here today"

:eek2:
    A lot of people have stuff sent to work addresses because you can't get the couriers to be specific about when they'll pop by.
    There was someone at my old work that got a vibrator delivered to our work address, not knowing that in the interests of "safety" the packages get opened before they get delivered to people.

So hilarious.
    LacyMay wrote:
    There was someone at my old work that got a vibrator delivered to our work address, not knowing that in the interests of "safety" the packages get opened before they get delivered to people.

So hilarious.
    Excellent :lol: