Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flatshares-living with strangers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im coming to the end of uni and will be moving back home in a few weeks, wanna stay there for at least a few months to save up cash etc but also want to move out fairly quickly so i dont get stuck in a rut there and so I can move closer to central london. Cant really rely on friends to move in with cause theyre all doing different things after graduation-travelling etc, plus theyre all pretty useless with money and oragnisation! So ive come to the conclusion that i may have to move into a house and share with strangers as i dont really fancy living on my own and dont have the cash to either. Found millions of sites on the net for this kind of thing but has anyone actually done it? How was it? Is is recommeneded?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I am doing a placement so moving to a new area. I fell in love with a house I saw advertised to let on a website but it's a four bedroomed house. I had been lookin at one-bed apartments but couldn't afford it so I advertised on flatmate websites, had over 100 replies and so chose the four most suitable without meeting them, but we had spoken on the phone and emailed. I met up with them for a drink and we all get on fine. We signed the contract together on Wednesday and I don't really have any worries. We haven't all moved in yet but I would say that we are all quite well matched with some similar interests but we're all doing something different.

Most people live with complete strangers when they get put in halls at university and I suppose it's all just luck as to who you get but if you use the websites then at least you know a bit about each other before.

Good luck with it all x
  • Options
    \