Home› Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

present for boyfriends birthday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's his 20th coming up really soon and i'm totally stumped on what to get him. Any ideas for good guy presents?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what stuff does he like?
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    what stuff does he like?
    well i know he's got every cd of bands and stuff that he likes....he does archery but i don't really think i can do much for that
    he's just a typical guy who just says he's not bothered about what you get when you ask them for ideas... :rolleyes:
    Over the past 3 years i've bought my boyfriend just about everything possible but , so just for ideas and what not:
    trainers, nice watch, car stereo, car speakers, new clothes, aftershave, new phone, camera, computer games/controllers/that bollocks, dvd box sets etc etc, the lists for bloke type presents are pretty endless! It depends what he's into and whatnot, and what your budget is.
    Ballerina wrote:
    It's his 20th coming up really soon and i'm totally stumped on what to get him. Any ideas for good guy presents?

All you gotta do is turn up naked holding a six pack of beer!!
    He'll love it.
    :thumb:
    beans wrote:
    Over the past 3 years i've bought my boyfriend just about everything possible but , so just for ideas and what not:
    trainers, nice watch, car stereo, car speakers, new clothes, aftershave, new phone, camera, computer games/controllers/that bollocks, dvd box sets etc etc, the lists for bloke type presents are pretty endless! It depends what he's into and whatnot, and what your budget is.
    :flirt: Have I ever told you how attractive you are?
    These are the kinds of things you have to plan for. Just over time remember every time he says something that he wants. Whether you shopping, watching tv, or just out of the blue. If you listen, you'll always hear things that he wants. You can have a huge mental list. Then, by the time a present giving time comes around you'll have no problems with ideas. Its all about listening and learning.

It may not always be what you think is a good idea, like tools or a dust buster, but if he wants it, it can't be a bad gift.

Failing everything and if you are desperate. Get him a gift card to his favorite store.
    Kentish wrote:
    :flirt: Have I ever told you how attractive you are?

:lol:
    I've been wondering the same, it's my boyfriend's 18th in a couple of months (a 'milestone' birthday, just to make it more expensive for me :) ) and although I've already bought him his main present (a ticket to the Download festival) I'd like to get him something special to have on the day, and a keepsake sort of thing from being 18.

What to get him stumps me though.

But, (back on topic) what my_name says is right. Anything little he mentions that he wants is always useful. Combine that with silly other presents like chocolates, socks, alcohol in a big bag, all wrapped individually. Entertained my boyfriend no end :)
    Alcohol in a bag? Weird yet intriguiging.
    :lol:! I missed out the etc. My bad :blush:
    I got my boyfriend one of these lamps for his birthday among other things. It's a pretty cool lamp, very good for post-clubbing chilling out or just general sleeping etc.
    most guys would love pretty much anything of that website.
    as a guy i can honestly say any present is usually a winner, im not fussy about what i get at all, of course its nice to get something really thoughtful etc.. but even if its not. Free shit, its the best.
    Make him a CD?
    my boyfriend loves watches so I would say that is safe. But nothing beats a store bought gift (watch, colonge, car assec.) teamed with a homemade gift like brownies,cookies, cake, or something else you know he loves
    kathryn wrote:
    ...a Lego Technic Crane Truck...

I recent took my boyfriend away for the weekend to Windsor including a day at Legoland for his 22nd birthday. He used to be big into Lego when he was little, and as he's getting stressed at work, I thought he could do with a bit of a "kiddie" weekend :)
    I recent took my boyfriend away for the weekend to Windsor including a day at Legoland for his 22nd birthday. He used to be big into Lego when he was little, and as he's getting stressed at work, I thought he could do with a bit of a "kiddie" weekend :)

That should go in the romantic stories thread. :yes:
    That should go in the romantic stories thread. :yes:

Hehe, thank you :)

He really enjoyed it - says I "always think of the best presents" :blush:

In the past, the ones that have had the most impact are usually the random things I send him for no particular reason - like a tshirt I saw that I knew he'd like. I sent it to him in the post (he was living about 100 miles away at uni at the time) and he seemed incredibly impressed with that... boys are weird! :D

One of the best presents was actually one my mum put together for the two of us last Christmas. Because we both need to learn how to cook, she bought a giant gift bag and filled it with 24 numbered presents - things like wine glasses, wooden spoons, oven gloves, recipe books, candles... and OXO cubes! Took about an hour to open and had us in stitches with the comments she wrote on the tags :thumb:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Cook him something special, have a few drinks, wear something 'nice' and take him to bed. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
    kathryn wrote:
    No way!
    This was us there two years ago!
    (I'm hoping you don't recognise my bf as your bf now! :shocking: :D )

Hehe, nope!

That's Paris, isn't it?! Having never been to Paris, I wouldn't know, but when my Mum saw the picture she said it was a castle/palace near Moulin Rouge.

My boyfriend was in charge of the camera and he took over 200 pics! Usually a sign he's doing something he's enjoying! :rolleyes:
    For Christmas I bought my boyfriend a bear from the bear factory with a recordable voice (which I recorded a message of me saying something too lovey to share on here).
    I bought my boyf a ring for a birthday present, it looks similar to this:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2407319/Trail/C%24cip%3D35755.Jewellery%2Band%2Bwatches%3EC%24cip%3D35791.Rings%3EC%24cip%3D35794.Men%26%2339%3Bs%2Brings%3EFC%24Material%3DTitanium.Titanium.htm
    It was a little bit more expensive than this one, but he really liked it, and is always wearing it!
    I'm a sucker for buying people presents. But I really enjoy buying them stupid gifts that they won't actually need.

I bought my friend a Mr Potato Head toy for her birthday, and I'm planning on getting the guy I'm seeing a CD I know he wants and needs, as well as a Catchphrase DVD (this he will enjoy cause he's a loser, in a nice way).

So how about something that he can use/wants, and then something random, like some kind of weird gadget or something?

I'm buying Cluedo for my friend who's into detective movies and CSI and stuff, and a spy kit for my other friend.

And for the record, my friends are between 19-20 years old.