Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to look younger to get into an under 18s club night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For reasons I can't really go into, I'm going to a rock club night for 12-17 year olds. It says ID may be required.

How do I dress to look a) rock-fied and b) young?

I don't really own that kind of clothes so any ideas where I can get something suitable, cheap (as I'll probably never wear it again)

Comments

• Options
    well you can tell them your name is jack and you have a rare aging disorder where you age four times faster than normal so you look 40 when actually 10
  • Options
    primark? what do young people wear these days?
  • Options
    how old are you?
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    how old are you?

Nearly 24.
  • Options
    why the hell would you want to go to a kiddie club night?
  • Options
    i dont mean this to sound nasty but i doubt that any clothes are going to knock 8 years off you unless you already look young for your age.

i would say baggy black pants, random brightly coloured t shirt under black zip top, random brightly colourd converse style pumps, and a bag made out of a teddy, viola! or maybe im just being steriotypical :p
  • Options
    look like you are trying WAY too hard. possibly go mini-faux-goth, then you can plaster your face in shit makeup, and no one will be able to tell how old you are.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    look like you are trying WAY too hard. possibly go mini-faux-goth, then you can plaster your face in shit makeup, and no one will be able to tell how old you are.
    good idea,
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    i dont mean this to sound nasty but i doubt that any clothes are going to knock 8 years off you unless you already look young for your age.

i would say baggy black pants, random brightly coloured t shirt under black zip top, random brightly colourd converse style pumps, and a bag made out of a teddy, viola! or maybe im just being steriotypical :p

I look quite young, like the other day when I gave blood the nurse asked if I was on work experience. And I get asked for ID sometimes.

I like that idea, I could probably throw together an outfit like that and do some thick make up as well.
    :cool:
  • Options
    why the hell would you want to go to a kiddie club night?

It's not really a case of wanting to, I'm going undercover! ;)

Plus I'm on the look out for a new man :D
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:

Plus I'm on the look out for a new man :D

Pedo? :eek2:
    I agree with Kaffrins guess. Look like your trying too hard. Though I'd suggest instead of the mini faux goth, go for skank. I see alot of that :p
  • Options
    Yeah, look like you're TRYING to look older. Thick make up, bright clothes.... etc.
  • Options
    kinda ironic ur 24 wanting to go to an under 18 club and i usually try and get in over 18 clubs and usually try to look over 18 lol
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    PussyKatty wrote:
    It's not really a case of wanting to, I'm going undercover! ;)

ooh article about underage drinking/drug taking? I'm so nosey ;)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i would say thick make up too, a low cut top, and a short skirt...try TOO hard! however, all of this said, i dont think many youngsters will have i.d, so you could just say you dont have any...in a cute high pitched bimboey voice. i didnt have i.d until i was driving and i was over 18 then. oooh and if you have your national insurance card try using that, i always thought that could be used as i.d when i was a nipper!
  • Options
  • Options
    what a bizarre notion....
  • Options
    you're 24 and looking for a guy in an under 18's club?? I will warn you that guys this age are usually very immature. But you might get lucky.... :p
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    you're 24 and looking for a guy in an under 18's club?? I will warn you that guys this age are usually very immature. But you might get lucky.... :p

I think she may have been joking...
  • Options
    If you can get your hands on an NUS card, try that for ID. They're not hard to get. You could wear some of those furry boots. I've never seen anyone above about 14 wearing them. Might not work at a rocky night though. It's gonna be hard, because you don't just have to look under 18, you have to look like you can't get into a real club (cos let's face it, any teenagers that can get into real clubs aren't gonna bother with these under-18 nights).
  • Options
    Seeohbahn wrote:
    Is it Generation you're going to by the way?

Maybe ;)

Yeah Helen I'm hoping to find some sleaze inside. Even if I don't, it'll make a nice article..there's a lot of goth kids that hang round town and the old people seem to be scared of them.
  • Options
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I think she may have been joking...
    good lol
  • Options
    As kaff said, basically wear too much make up, and put it on really badly.

Obviously stuffing tissue down your bra might help too, as would not wearing any clothes at all.
  • Options
  • Options
    What type of "I.D." would they expect a 12 year old to have anyway? They do mean ID to prove you are under 17 right? It's weird as they won't have a driving license or student card and it is unlikely their parent's would be happy about letting them out on the town with passports and some won't even have those.
  • Options
    Yeah that's true.

My friend is gonna lend me a Shaun the Sheep bag, do you think that will work?

Anyone know much about these generation nights?
  • Options
    A shaun the sheep bag smacks of an old person trying to look young, rather than a young person trying to look old.
  • Options
    Yeah but why would they be trying to look old when it's a club night specifically for 12-17 year olds?

I had a nose at some of the teen goths in town yesterday, they seemed to wear: short skirt with leggings underneath, bright converse trainers, bright t shirt and a hoodie. Plus dyed black hair and black eyeliner. I was thinking maybe I could put some temporary pink streaks in my hair?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    As kaff said, basically wear too much make up, and put it on really badly.

Obviously stuffing tissue down your bra might help too, as would not wearing any clothes at all.

I'll have fun doing the make up. Thick powder and wonky eyeliner.

My boobs are big enough without tissues, think I'll give that one a miss!