Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I found out last week that I am pregnant. I didn't have a clue, and I felt it would be to just reassure myself. So, now I know what I need to do, and I cannot have a baby as I have no home or job and could not support it in the way it would need to be supported. I cannot look after myself etc.
Anyway, I have sort of managed to come to terms with that, however I may not be saying that when I have the abortion.
My main query is how to stop feeling so bad in myself? I mean, I am constantly nauseaus and tired. Its making me ever so moody, something needs to be done.
Please any tips?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Have you seen your GP or spoken to anyone about the pregnancy?
  • Options
    yes, I went the same day I found out, and in all have had 3 positive tests. I have my appointment booked for my scan to see how many weeks I am next week, and then they can decide which type of abortion I can have. I'll be honest and I am hoping for the pill, and I think I will be under 9 weeks. Some people know I am pregnant, mainly my two closest friends. There are some other people I'd love to tell to explain the way I have been to them lately, but I think it would cause too much upset. Why do you ask Kentish?
  • Options
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're in a stressful situation at the moment. I'm not sure if you're a livejournal user at all, but there's an excellent community which provides info to women seeking abortion. There's an extensive memories section and it has a lot of information regarding medical abortion and dealing with morning sickness etc.

A lot of women in early pregnancy find that ginger can help to ease nausea. So can fresh peach and pear juice.
  • Options
    Just browsing through that is actually very helpful. Thanks very much, and I'll take the tip of the ginger and get some tomorrow. I'll do almost anything to feel like me again :(
  • Options
    sam99 wrote:
    Why do you ask Kentish?
    Because you'd need your GP to refer you to hospital, but it seems you've got that under control. :)

Ginger's good yep, and milky drinks. Fruit juice can make reflux or heartburn worse, but that probably isn't a problem for you at this stage. Make sure you're drinking enough and eating well when you're not feeling sickly.

Good luck at the hospital.
  • Options
    as has been said, Ginger for the tiredness. ginger tea, ginger beer (as long as its got real ginger in it - check the ingredients) crystallised ginger, ginger biscuits, jamaican ginger cake...
    those travel sickness wristbands too.

As for the tiredness, Theres nothing you can do. I know its awful - that tired to the bone feeling. You just need to rest where you can, get early nights, maybe an extra coffee - youll probably find that doesnt do anything though. That extreme lethargy is one of the worst things about early pregnancy imo.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Right! okie dokie! where to start...
    well its me, there was someone who i didnt want to upset by posting this in my real name (and i had to post something coz it was driving me mad), but it got to a point where he needed to be told. im sorry for being deceitful, but i hope you understand why i did it. only 3 people in real life know coz i am quite ashamed of myself, but i like my little family that i have here, and i know you will understand.
    I'm sorry for lying, and i hope you understand why i have done it, and i have told you now coz i absolutely detest lying! Im sure a few of you clicked after i didnt respond to the previous thread i did about feeling a bit shit. my housemate bought me a test as soon as i had read that, and it was (obviously) positive.
    I want to thank everyone who posted, as without you i probably would be in my own world of denial in which the consequences would have become worse!
    Anyways back to the point in hand, thanks Abbie, i will go down and buy asda out of ginger! as long as the sickness goes i think i can handle the tiredness. and i have finished my finals now, so i can sleep as much as i like!
  • Options
    I don't think anyone really minds that you posted it in another name. Most regs usually use another name when they want to post something personal.
  • Options
    cheers love! x
  • Options
    Hey, I know I'm a bit slow on this convo... but I doubt anyone's gonna judge you for it.

Everyone understands that anonymousness is important sometimes, so it's all good! As you say, we're all family here :yes:

Hope everything's going okay!
  • Options
    Of course people wouldn't mind, there's no need to apologise. :)

Hope you're feeling OK hun. If I can find a creme egg anywhere, I'll send you one :)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I don't think anyone really minds that you posted it in another name. Most regs usually use another name when they want to post something personal.

:yes:

I have posted in another name before too, even though none of you really know me anyway.

Good luck with everything Bunny! I'm sending hugs :)
  • Options
    :yes:

I have posted in another name before too, even though none of you really know me anyway.

Good luck with everything Bunny! I'm sending hugs :)
    thank you and believe me they are greatly received!!

oh and nicki, im thinking maybe you should try looking a bit harder!! lol! but if all else fails you know normal dairy milk is good enough!! ;)
  • Options
    Well they do Dairy Milk and Creme Egg filling now, that can be the standby ;)
  • Options
    Hope everything's going okay bunny. Give us a nudge if you wanna chat :)
  • Options
    thanks sweetie, might just take you up on that! :)
  • Options
    Hope you're ok Bunny x
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Hope you're ok Bunny x
    thanks babes, just wish this sicky feeling would go! i have bought asda out of everything ginger, and its not working...jamaican ginger cake is far too sickly to be a cure as i have discovered! :p
  • Options
    I had awful morning sickness and I found nothing helped at all, but my midwife said to try eating a ginger biscuit before I got out of bed, I did and that helped a teeny tiny bit. Give that a go x
  • Options
    Myabe try squezzing a Lemon into some hot water and take little sips, it's might help with sickness feeling!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for everything, and im especially grateful for the anti-sickness tips!! I'll try them all! lets just hope everything can run as smooth as it possibly can eh!
    xxx
    thank you!!
  • Options
    I went though the same and i was in the same postion! The best advice i can give is make sure you have some support x I found pizza really good to eat and stop bein sick x i lived in pizza hut, but goin thou an abortion is really hard and i found i was grieving cause you have this feelin you have lost something that was urs x
  • Options
    thats what im scared off, well that and the procedure. i would have the baby in an ideal situation, i feel in myself id be able to do it, but it would be selfish of me to put a small life through that, and also manage to wreck about 10 other lives in the process.
    thats what i worry about the most, is how i will be afterwards...will you all come pick up the little pieces please? oh and give me lots of hugs!
  • Options
    Yep of course thats what i wanted and just didnt want to get out of bed x if you want to know what to expect PM me and ill give u all the advice u need x I didnt want to do and would of kept the baby but i knew i couldnt x But i really did feel like somethin of mine had been stolen and i missed it x
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    thats what i worry about the most, is how i will be afterwards...will you all come pick up the little pieces please? oh and give me lots of hugs!

Hugs and support are on tap 'round here. On a personal note, I can really empathise with a lot of the feelings you must be experiencing at the moment, and no one would fault you for worrying or being unsure of the entire situation. If you want to talk about it, I'm only a PM away :)

Oh, and I hope the nauseated feeling goes away soon, a lot of good suggestions and tips here... though you might find yourself turning into a ginger root soon enough. If you're done with the ginger cake then I'll give it a good home ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Oh, and I hope the nauseated feeling goes away soon, a lot of good suggestions and tips here... though you might find yourself turning into a ginger root soon enough. If you're done with the ginger cake then I'll give it a good home ;)
    im passing it over to you now!! :lol: i think its making me worse haha! but thanks love, it means a lot. :)
  • Options
    I was lucky and didnt really get bad morning sickness, just queasy feelings. I found that eating something little&often helped.
  • Options
    Hey there Bunny. I was surprised to read this, but none the less, I'll do whatever I can to support you on this one.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Hey there Bunny. I was surprised to read this, but none the less, I'll do whatever I can to support you on this one.
    thank you :)
  • Options
    Hugs for you kiddo... xxx