Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm going to die.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well actually I'm not (cue loud groans). But I might do when I get into my exam. Got up at 6am to cram some more, and there's still far too much to go in!

Should I really be having a break to post on here? Shall I have another coffee? Is there any way to stop my head feeling so fuzzy? Anything else you may wish to add?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    aw good luck :)
    aw good luck :)
    Cheers :D
    Good luck mate!!
    Good luck!!
    dont drink too much coffee or you will have to keep running in and out the exam to wee ;)

*eta - and good luck by the way
    up @ 6 and 2 coffee's before an exam works for me (as long as i've revised a bit the day before too)
    Yeah up at 6 is definitely the way forward! I tried 5 but it just wasn't happening :lol:

Thanks for all the luck :) I reckon I got 50-55% maximum. For one of the questions I basically just drew a huge diagram. Hope they like it!
    good luck dude, I'm sure you'll rock that shit. :thumb:
    hope you did all right pal, im struggling to get up for work which i get paid for at the moment, never mind exams. i feel for ya!
    you've made me nervous now...my GCSEs start on tuesday!! and guess what....i don't leave till the end of next week!
    Our schools results were crap because no one ever revises on study leave, so they're keeping us on as long as possible.
    Ballerina wrote:
    you've made me nervous now...my GCSEs start on tuesday!! and guess what....i don't leave till the end of next week!
    Our schools results were crap because no one ever revises on study leave, so they're keeping us on as long as possible.

ahhh gsces, i remember those, i remember them being quite easy really, didnt do much revision at all for them and did great.

but good looks, im in a reminicing mood at the moment due to my serious ageing and my move from early 20s, agh. so old.
    cramming too much means you just make yourself tired and ill, and for a net knowledge gain of pretty much sod all
    MrG wrote:
    cramming too much means you just make yourself tired and ill, and for a net knowledge gain of pretty much sod all
    ive managed to pass all uni exams using the 6am cramming method :p
    I stand by cramming too.
    An exam is a test of memory. Not skill!
    Well actually I'm not (cue loud groans).
    I hate to break it to you but we are all going to die. One day.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I hate to break it to you but we are all going to die. One day.
    That's what you think... :D
    im goin to live forever! i dont want to die :D
    i have no uni exams- hurrah!! had one back in january and thats the only one im going to have in 3 years :) hope yours went ok!
    koe_182 wrote:
    ahhh gsces, i remember those, i remember them being quite easy really, didnt do much revision at all for them and did great.

but good looks, im in a reminicing mood at the moment due to my serious ageing and my move from early 20s, agh. so old.

I was the opposite - revised lots and got rubbish grades. The fact that we only had 2 and a bit terms to do 2 years worth of work (English) and being put in the wrong set for Science didn't help...
    Kat_B wrote:
    i have no uni exams- hurrah!! had one back in january and thats the only one im going to have in 3 years :) hope yours went ok!
    Jammy git! Yeah it wasn't too bad thanks. I'd much rather have coursework!
    Jammy git! Yeah it wasn't too bad thanks. I'd much rather have coursework!

you wouldnt wanna do the 30minute presentation i have to do next week on your own :no: but thats the last thing i have to do before summer so guess it could be worse!
    During the previous year, I sticked to cramming, but I've gotten out of it. Now, I study a week ahead, which is really relativelya lot considering the tests we get (they are usually set all in one month, rather than through the entire term. Bah to that). You must also take into consideration that I'm still in Grade 8, where the tests are no-where close to the exams in A-levels, not even mentioning university. Then we have Ph.D, where my word of luck goes out to scarlettleeds. :)

Somehow, I've got to learn how to study less, as I am depending more and more on time. I think I'm concentrating too much on the small, almost irrelevant facts. Ah well, I'll bite the sour apple when I need it. :p

I still think the work I'm doing is really tough and burdening, as I really end up studying approximately 5 hours per day, excluding the 8-9 hours in school, of course. On some rare occasions, I can actually come on here and post! I just took a break from my bloody physics revision.

For everyone else with their demanding exams, I just want to say good luck with them and I have absolutely no perspective on how hard and demanding they can be. I'm just a naive kid :p. Good luck!
    Im predicting a major fuck up in my exams, iv got one on tues and one on wed, 3 questions each. So far iv revised half of 2 questions, so im pretty much screwed.

I spent 3 years telling myself i'd actually work for my finals but finishing my dissertation destroyed what little motivation i had anyway! So im resigning myself to a 2:2
    iguana wrote:
    Im predicting a major fuck up in my exams, iv got one on tues and one on wed, 3 questions each. So far iv revised half of 2 questions, so im pretty much screwed.

I spent 3 years telling myself i'd actually work for my finals but finishing my dissertation destroyed what little motivation i had anyway! So im resigning myself to a 2:2

im pretty worried about the same happening to me... atm it's like 'only first year, doesnt go towards the degree so no need for effort' .. I also planned to get my act together for gcse and a level (didn't happen)... so yeah really hoping i find a spark of motivation before october! :D
    muse- wrote:
    'only first year, doesnt go towards the degree so no need for effort'

Why i do believe i uttered those very same words in my first year. And second. And in january. And 2 weeks ago. Think i see a pattern emerging! To be honest at the moment im past caring, just want it over and done with so can get a job and never have to worry about coursework and revising EVER AGAIN!!

But i would probably advise ignoring all that it wont do your motivation any favours :thumb:
    iguana wrote:
    Why i do believe i uttered those very same words in my first year. And second. And in january. And 2 weeks ago. Think i see a pattern emerging! To be honest at the moment im past caring, just want it over and done with so can get a job and never have to worry about coursework and revising EVER AGAIN!!

But i would probably advise ignoring all that it wont do your motivation any favours :thumb:

hehe :D

I really feel like i'll be the same :/

aw well, gl with the exam results etc :) I guess some people aren't cut out for studying (just bigger and better things ;p)... i'll make a note not to go down the same road you did ;p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    An exam is a test of memory. Not skill!

Post of the week! It is so true.

Erm, good luck mate. You can do it! I shall be using that Method for my Exams :( I hate exams.
    Hmm I have an exam at half 9. Think I'm gonna walk in, put my name down and see if I can even half attempt any of them and walk out after the hour. Seems like a plan! :D
    turlough wrote:
    Hmm I have an exam at half 9. Think I'm gonna walk in, put my name down and see if I can even half attempt any of them and walk out after the hour. Seems like a plan! :D
    Hope the plan worked mate! :thumb: