Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My Story....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm been reading these forums for a while now and haven't need to post as my questions have already been answered..

Just thought i'd tell u my story and feelings towards drugs, as i cld imagine quite a few ppl will be able to relate to it.

Before i started uni i had only smoked a few joints now and again with my mates, and my opinion of anything harder was a negative one, my best mate at uni had tried various stuff before and whilst smoking a few joints i spent hours asking him stuff bout e and the effects....

Our group of friends were all into dance/trance music and 1 nite with my best mate and another friend (also never taken e like me) tried it and like most ppls first time it was absolutely amazing, as time went on more of our friends who wanted to try it did and our clubbing crew was formed!

That first year was absolutely amazing and one i'll never forget we travelled all over the U.K together

For those interested in the scene the big ones were:

Gatecrasher - Nottingham Ice Arena
Godskitchen - Manchester Arena
Godskitchen - Newcastle Arena
Turnmills - London
Fabric - London
Air - Birmingham
Emporium - Leicester

Our crew of friends experienced things together that our non-drug taking friends never did and we all became very close. We experimented with coke and mdma but really pills were our main choice....

The clubbing girls got a bit sidelined from their non-drug taking friends, saying y do u have to do it? u cld die etc and i thought they were being stupid, but as i look back they were just looking out for them and before i came to uni i wld have been saying the same to my mates....

Since then we still all go out on and use pills but only like every 6 weeks, which is fine by me coz i no they're not the best for ya! I've don't think ive ever been addicted but i do miss the mad days....

Thought i'd share my story, and spose the message is to understand and respect your non-drugging taking friends opinions because they don't have a full understanding of it..(like me before i tried it..)

Hope i haven't bored u wit this, and i look forward to learning more as my occasional banging nites aren't over!! :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hixxy wrote:
    Hi,

We experimented with coke and mdma but really pills were our main choice....

crazyeyes
    mdma and pills ...what were the pills then?
    mdma and pills ...what were the pills then?

hmm yea just what i was thinking!
    one would assume he was referring to powder?
    z01 wrote:

Thats what I thought... I think its a she by the way...

Nice story though!
    z01 wrote:
    the difference between ecstacy and mdma being ...?
    the difference between ecstacy and mdma being ...?
    You mean the difference between pills and ecstasy being? Pills are quite different to pure MDMA.
    You mean the difference between pills and ecstasy being? Pills are quite different to pure MDMA.
    but the main buzz inside of those little tabs is ...mdma.
    Nice one, at least you managed to use them moderately. Once every 6 weeks seems like a nice wee balance.

As for your non-druggy mates, just tell them to fuck off. Stuck up cunts aren't worth the time or effort. Have fun! :thumb:
    but the main buzz inside of those little tabs is ...mdma.

but the buzz is different
    if there was any confusion, we tried pills and bombing mdma powder, am aware that mdma is in pills....
    Hixxy wrote:
    if there was any confusion, we tried pills and bombing mdma powder, am aware that mdma is in pills....
    good ...just me in a picky mood.
    z01 wrote:
    but the buzz is different

only if you got shit pills
    Blagsta wrote:
    only if you got shit pills

It's very rare to find pills that contain very pure MDMA. Even in the "good ole days."
    Bollocks, 'twas a piece of piss to get decent pills, "back in the day".
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've been doing pills over ten years and havn't really seen any difference in quality.
    Weekender Offender 
    Blagsta wrote:
    Bollocks, 'twas a piece of piss to get decent pills, "back in the day".

With high content MDMA? Many users, including skive it seems say they've seen no real difference.
    turlough wrote:
    With high content MDMA? Many users, including skive it seems say they've seen no real difference.

Yep. Back in the mid 90's, most pills I had were MDMA as far as I could tell.
    In the Nicholas Saunders book "Ecstasy and the Dance Culture" (pub. 1995), there is an analysis of pills. Out of 30 pills analysed, 12 had MDMA (ranging from 64mg to 196mg), one had MDMA and MDEA, 2 had MDMA and "unknown substances", 3 had MDEA, 1 no active ingredients and the rest a mixture of speed, ephedrine, caffeine or ketamine.
    Blagsta wrote:
    In the Nicholas Saunders book "Ecstasy and the Dance Culture" (pub. 1995), there is an analysis of pills. Out of 30 pills analysed, 12 had MDMA (ranging from 64mg to 196mg), one had MDMA and MDEA, 2 had MDMA and "unknown substances", 3 had MDEA, 1 no active ingredients and the rest a mixture of speed, ephedrine, caffeine or ketamine.

Yes the same as today. The buzz of MDMA powder is different than pills because pills have other stuff in them usually, that's what z01 said and you said "that's cos they're shit pills" or something.
    Errr...if you read what I posted, 40% of those pills analysed had MDMA as the only active ingredient. Not quite "most", but nearly. If you had a decent dealer back then, 8 times out of 10 you'd get MDMA in yer pills.
    Just eat them and see what happens, that's half the buzz in my opinion and i'm sure a few here agree, especially skive.
    Shogun wrote:
    Just eat them and see what happens, that's half the buzz in my opinion and i'm sure a few here agree, especially skive.

indeed :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Shogun wrote:

On a personal level I do enjoy the fact that pills are different each time, but at the same time I do realise it's not necessaraly a good thing either.
    Weekender Offender 
    Blagsta wrote:
    Errr...if you read what I posted, 40% of those pills analysed had MDMA as the only active ingredient. Not quite "most", but nearly. If you had a decent dealer back then, 8 times out of 10 you'd get MDMA in yer pills.
    Obviously one small analysis is not going to be anywhere near conclusive though.
    No, but it tallys with my memory of the mid 90's.