Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problems finding new job!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically im stuck.

Im in a job that i used to like, but now hate. im constantly stressed and its finally getting to me and turning me a bit weird. its all i ever think about, its all i ever whinge about, its getting to a silly stage now. Its causing me problems in my social life

its been like this for a couple of months now.

Well today was the final straw, i actually spoke to the MD about my issues and problems i was having with us being understaffed and the work loads being unmanagable and clearly my work slipping.

basically he said theres not much they can do, apart from dealing with it. quality response!

so my problem is i need to work as i need the money and would NEVER finish a job without having something else to go to.

Ive registered myself with a couple of agencies for perm work but they are having prblems finding anything around the same salary as im on. which is a pain.

checking the local papers doesnt bring any luck either.

so just wondered if anyone had any advice? before i slowly go a bit crazy and end up fucked in the head so to speak.

thanks for your time

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    sorry, ive checked the net. heh
  • Options
    Local papers? Job centre
  • Options
    tried the local papers.

cant get to job centre cos im working all the time.

its not the lack of jobs, its the lack of jobs in anything im interested in that will pay the same amounts as on now. not like its mega bucks or anything its just poorly paid round here.
  • Options
    Jobcentre Website?

(Well written!) Speculative letters to similar companies around your area?
  • Options
    ive found a couple of jobs in tonights evenign paper that sound interesting, but the pay is dismal. 35hrs a week £6.95 p/h. whats the point.
  • Options
    the MD has just been speaking to me again, and looks like he might have listened a little bit, they are gonna try and get a office junior in to take some of the shitty stuff me and a colleague have to deal with so that might make things better, think i'll continue to look tho.

fingers crossed for a big breasted school leaver. ahem
  • Options
    It's tough when your job ends up as a burden, but good news that the MD has actually taken some notice. Mind you when you are already out of work it can be even worse. I have applied for 108 jobs since being made redundant! Sometimes though it is worth considering the hidden benefits of a job and whether it is worth toughing it out. I wrote a short article about just that. If you would like to you can read it at the link below. In the meantime if your MD is making changes I suggest you review things in (say) six months time.

All the best and good luck.